5/25 1:10PM Blue Jays @ Tigers

8 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I don't know about this.   Have they used Holton in a save situation this year?    Since he doesn't have a save, the only answer to that would be No unless they did and he failed.    I  have a bad feeling here. 

2nd career save. 1st one this season?

1 minute ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I didn't know Riley had such a weak arm. 

What does he have right now? 

Riely can't throw when he's hitting either. I wonder if Parker were out there if he takes that, and having  the better throwing angle holds the runner. Parker's arm isn't great but it's better than Rileys.....

But it didn't matter in the end.

9 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

I hate this idea.  Let the closer close 

Use the righty against the right-handed core of the lineup. Let Holton face the bottom of the order and take the LHB pinch hitters out of Schneider's holster.

Right call. I'm glad it worked.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Edman85 said:

Use the righty against the right-handed core of the lineup. Let Holton face the bottom of the order and take the LHB pinch hitters out of Schneider's holster.

This is correct.

3 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

Riely can't throw when he's hitting either. I wonder if Parker were out there if he takes that, and having  the better throwing angle holds the runner. Parker's arm isn't great but it's better than Rileys.....

But it didn't matter in the end.

Parker only played CF, didn't he? 

Perez hitting the wall a little - down to 220 over his last 7 games. Next week or two critical for him to adjust. Canha picking it up a little. Urshella and Jake contributed. Kelly has been OK the last few games. Still need Green and Torkelson the get their acts together.

1 minute ago, Sports_Freak said:

Parker only played CF, didn't he? 

Right, but he might well have have been there with the advantage of already moving toward 3b. Riley almost has to overrun that ball and then come back or maybe circle it alittle to be in decent position to throw.

27 minutes ago, Edman85 said:

I’m not a fan of closer by committee when you have a decent closer.  I think Foley has earned that right based on how he’s pitched this year:   

24 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

Right, but he might well have have been there with the advantage of already moving toward 3b. Riley almost has to overrun that ball and then come back or maybe circle it a little to be in decent position to throw.

Also...

Parker has much greater range/ speed than Perez and probably (just guessing) would have called off Riley. I don't think Perez was in a spot to call him off.

Positioning himself (Parker) for the better throw to 3rd.