05/26/2024 11:35am EDT Toronto Blue Jays vs Detroit Tigers

casimir

Jake Rogers made that fourth run happen by recognizing there was no way that bloop gets caught, and then he has a great slide to get in. Arguably the best offensive moment of his career.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Time to retire those old plain uniforms? <ducks>

Last year the Red Sox went on a nice little run and ended up wearing their City Connects something like nine games in a row. They got an earful from fans and media and changed out of that, mainly because they were reminded how iconic their home whites are.

2 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Jake Rogers made that fourth run happen by recognizing there was no way that bloop gets caught, and then he has a great slide to get in. Arguably the best offensive moment of his career.

A win for Joey Cora? A 50-50 send.

3 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Funny when you saw him head down sprinting 15 feet from 3rd and Baez standing watching the ball just 10 feet up the line. 

Man, what a gift to Mize who had bases loaded and no outs and gets out of it unscathed because of the Vogelbach line drive/Bichette baserunning screwup.

Was Spork out of position on that third out? It was definitely Ibanez’s ball, you know, being hit practically right to him and all. Good PFP instinct by Mize because that had a high chance of going wrong.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, chasfh said:

I have Benetti/Dirks on—how did Dickerson call that Tork bomb on TV? Was he excited like he is on the radio, or did he dial it down for national consumption?

He's got Joe Carter sitting next to him. He's been keeping low key.

2 minutes ago, chasfh said:

I have Benetti/Dirks on—how did Dickerson call that Tork bomb on TV? Was he excited like he is on the radio, or did he dial it down for national consumption?

He dialed it down a little bit but there was still excitement in his voice.

BTW, notice the graphics Roku are using? Basically warmed-over MLB Network graphics, but had the Tigers parted ways with Bally the way the Padres and Diamondbacks did, these are exactly the graphics we would be seeing every game as well.  Which to me would be a 100% improvement, because I really dislike Bally graphics, especially the 24/7 crawl at the bottom.

The only thing I would change with these graphics is, put the score box in the upper right instead of the lower right. Otherwise, I like them.

14 minutes ago, chasfh said:

And here is  the call on the Spanish language feed

Yeah, Perez is out, and pretty obviously. Kudos to Benetti and Dirks for calling that out right away. I have no respect for many announcers who ummm and ahhh around the obvious because they’re huge homers or afraid of raising the fans’ ire.

45 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Blind squirrel tweets his way into a nut here. 

Not sure I’d get all chesty about the backup catcher being 0 for 2 as the DH.

I don’t want to see it, but what happens if Rogers gets pulled early and the Tigers lose the DH?  The reward for Kelly’s bat doesn’t offset the risk of starting one of them at DH.