5/28/24 6:40PM Pirates @ Tigers

55 minutes ago, kdog said:

Matt Manning hasn’t pitched since May 19th…since every beat writer tweeted this fact, I’m guessing he gets the second game.

Wouldn’t whoever was scheduled to pitch tomorrow keep his start, along with Skubal in the other game?

3 minutes ago, Tenacious D said:

Wouldn’t whoever was scheduled to pitch tomorrow keep his start, along with Skubal in the other game?

Maybe they give Flaherty game 1 in Boston.

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

Not a lot between home runs though.  

No - terrible OBP. One of the things that's interesting is that through pretty much all of this bad start, his K rate has stayed pretty much under control. One of the things that argues to me that Tork can put the ball in play when he wants to, but he's having to do it behind in the count too much and the need to be in survival mode has driven his barrel rate way down from last season. 

It sure doesn't look like anyone is getting through to him on his approach - assuming anyone is trying. All I'm hopeful for now is that if the HR start coming a little more regularly he'll relax and widen his sights a little. Seems like the inverse of how you should approach hitting, but it is what it is.

Edited by gehringer_2

4 hours ago, kdog said:

Matt Manning hasn’t pitched since May 19th…since every beat writer tweeted this fact, I’m guessing he gets the second game.

Too bad Manning can’t pitch the first game so we could get a Skubal/Skenes game. That would be worth playing hooky to see.

Skubal/Jones ain’t chopped liver, either. 

Did it ever rain at Comerica?  It didn’t in Dearborn. The radar was nuts. Giant green and yellow blobs heading south but it seemed to dissipate around 696 or M 59. I got some lightning alerts from my apps. 

postponing was the right call based on the radar.  It seems like the last few years they’ve been more proactive in doing that rather than waiting it out. It’s my second one this year and I had several last year. 

3 hours ago, oblong said:

Did it ever rain at Comerica?  It didn’t in Dearborn. The radar was nuts. Giant green and yellow blobs heading south but it seemed to dissipate around 696 or M 59. I got some lightning alerts from my apps. 

postponing was the right call based on the radar.  It seems like the last few years they’ve been more proactive in doing that rather than waiting it out. It’s my second one this year and I had several last year. 

we have just enough to get the street wet in A^2. That was it.