5/29/24 DH Game 1 12:40PM Pirates @ Tigers

2 minutes ago, Tenacious D said:

Wasn’t BP or one of the analytical sites bullish on Vierling’s potential?  Would be nice to see him make some strides this year.

He's a solid player.   The ability to play all 3 OF positions and third base (probably first base too, if they needed).    Give me a guy who has an OPS over .700 with a good glove -  I'll take that.   

By the way - Gregory Soto - ERA of 5.87 and a WHIP of almost 2.    Kody Clemens after that good first week is .617 now.  

1 hour ago, oblong said:

After about a month or whatever it was with using the Bally's App, my only real complaint is the pregame and game are considered different "programs" so that if I put the app on during the pregame and then go about my business, like working, I look up and sudden it ended and I have to hit "watch" again to get to the game.   The app usually goes dark during commercial breaks so my eyes and ears don't notice when nothing is going on.

I use my PC with the app. I can FF it. With my Roku, when I FF it, it skips all the way to live. Makes it possible to rewind it rewatch a play or pitch.

4 minutes ago, 1776 said:

As enjoyable as this game has been, it is likely that the Tigers are probably going to struggle to find runs in game two. 

Yeah. Skenes is insanely good. Unless he’s Nolan Ryan, I worry for his arm. Human arms aren’t meant for that kind of punishment for very long. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

I use my PC with the app. I can FF it. With my Roku, when I FF it, it skips all the way to live. Makes it possible to rewind it rewatch a play or pitch.

I don't know why but I never bothered to figure out if you could rewind... I thought I was stuck.

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, 1776 said:

As enjoyable as this game has been, it is likely that the Tigers are probably going to struggle to find runs in game two. 

The team in the lead after 7 innings in the first game of a doubleheader should be able to declare at that time whether they would like to bank runs for game 2, at effectively 50 cents on the dollar. In the Tigers' case today, with an 8-0 lead, they would have been comfortable knocking 4 runs off their tally (re-setting the game to 4-0 after 7) because that lead would still be safe enough for the game 1 win yet they'd now start game 2 up 2-0. If they really wanted to gamble and had enough confidence in their bullpen, they could have shaved off 6 runs, leaving them with a 2-run game 1 lead through 7 and a 3-run game 2 lead to start that game. 

Or for either team, starting in the 8th inning of game 1 you should get to choose whether any run you score in the 8th or 9th is applied to game 1 or applied to game 2.

Edited by lordstanley

3 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

The team in the lead after 7 innings in the first game of a doubleheader should be able to declare at that time whether they would like to bank runs for game 2, at effectively 50 cents on the dollar. In the Tigers' case today, with an 8-0 lead, they would have been comfortable knocking 4 runs off their tally (re-setting the game to 4-0 after 7) because that lead would still be safe enough for the game 1 win yet they'd now start game 2 up 2-0. If they really wanted to gamble and had enough confidence in their bullpen, they could have shaved off 6 runs, leaving them with a 2-run game 1 lead through 7 and a 3-run game 2 lead to start that game. 

If you have a gambling problem, call 1-800-U-Bet-Now

• Haha 2