5/30/24 7:10PM Tigers @ Red Sox

48 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Riley Greene just purchased some insurance.    

Matt Vierling must play every day until he gives a reason he shouldn't

Agreed about Matt V. I always worry that stupid green monster will screw guys swing up. And he's as hot as any Tiger recently.

4 minutes ago, Tigermojo said:

Good to see Greene get a homer and a couple hits yesterday. Hopefully he will break the slump he's been in.

The Tigers have been playing good baseball for the last week. It's good to know we can win when he doesn't hit. Our SP has to be near the top of the AL. I would be surprised if it isn’t. 

I missed this game because I was taking the 2-hr. drive from my friend’s place in the mountains up north back to Boise and phone coverage was spotty so I didn’t even try to follow the game and I’m glad it turned out like this. What a treat. My friend’s place is in Donnelly, Idaho and it’s a very modest 120-year-old cottage built by Finnish pioneers who moved here after fighting in the Spanish-American War. This is the view from the second floor of the mountains behind the place.

IMG_4677.thumb.jpeg.7bb79641e339619146d06f318a96297d.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Jack Flaherty is the truth.

Yes he is. He’ll be 29 on October 15th. I’d like to see this guy stick around but I doubt very seriously the Tigers have any intention of such. He may not have any interest in staying but it would be nice to at least have that conversation. Glad to see him get a much deserved win.

I just watched all three homers in replays on the TV and those were three classic monster homers. I hope they do this the whole series. Even Tork could hit a homer here, if he can figure out how not to strike out three or four times a game. 

1 hour ago, 1776 said:

Yes he is. He’ll be 29 on October 15th. I’d like to see this guy stick around but I doubt very seriously the Tigers have any intention of such. He may not have any interest in staying but it would be nice to at least have that conversation. Glad to see him get a much deserved win.

I'm sure he would be happy to stay with his new found success coming in Detroit.

49 minutes ago, RatkoVarda said:

6 year contract only goes thru age 34 season for Flaherty. Dollars not that relevant, but years will scare off Harris and lead to deadline trade

But I fear you are correct and I would be hesitant to go 6 years with pitcher as well.

10 hours ago, SoCalTiger said:

Bunting = Stupid

Baddoo was ill equipped for it.  Jabbing at the ball twice.  Poor form.  I don't mind it idea of it there with a lefty on lefty and with Baddoo's speed.  But the skill was absolutely lacking there.

28 minutes ago, casimir said:

Baddoo was ill equipped for it.  Jabbing at the ball twice.  Poor form.  I don't mind it idea of it there with a lefty on lefty and with Baddoo's speed.  But the skill was absolutely lacking there.

It really is a lost art. Are they even teaching young players the proper bunting techniques anymore? It sure doesn't look like it.

I love what Jack is doing, but Jack is an average injury-plagued MLB pitcher on an incredible run right now.   Not trying to be Negative Nelly here, but I don't expect it to last.   To me it's a Willie Blair/Mike Fiers season.    Hopefully it continues long enough for the Tigers to get a really good hitting prospect - maybe a shortstop in a trade. 

As far as anything long-term.   We all need to prepare ourselves that we are going to be like the Tampa Bay Rays.  We'll fall in love with a player and at their peak they will be traded.   Skubal, Greene, Olson......all of them.   Max Clark was not drafted to be Greene's outfield mate, he was drafted to be his replacement.   That's how it's going to be around here.   Jut hope that Harris and his scouts are as good as Tampa's.  

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1