2024 NCAA Football Thread

25 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

iowa too high.

washington too low.

show more is about right...

penn state as a dark horse pick.  they have one tough game on their whole schedule and its at home.

Marcus Freeman is an impressive guy.  He’d probably be a highly successful leader in almost any industry.  Football is its own thing and the jury is still very much out on him.    He’s got a QB and a roster that can do special things for him.  He had the same last year and it didn’t work to plan.    He’s got a friendly schedule and I expect the Irish to be playing for a spot in the playoff when they roll into Los Angeles for the last game of the season.    

Rumors are swirling the top women’s softball player in the country is leaving Stanford for Texas Tech for a rumored 1 year/$1.2M NIL package.   Incredible if true and reiterates how Wild West things have gotten.

BTW, she has two years of eligibility.  She can go somewhere else for more next year 

9 hours ago, Hongbit said:

Marcus Freeman is an impressive guy.  He’d probably be a highly successful leader in almost any industry.  Football is its own thing and the jury is still very much out on him.    He’s got a QB and a roster that can do special things for him.  He had the same last year and it didn’t work to plan.    He’s got a friendly schedule and I expect the Irish to be playing for a spot in the playoff when they roll into Los Angeles for the last game of the season.    

I still can’t believe CJ Carr chose ND over Michigan. 

When do colleges start adding advertising to their play clothes?  I’m not talking the default Nike, Under Armour, Reebok thread makers.  I’m talking Chico’s Bail Bonds and Acme Explosives.

• 2 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Auburn just flipped Nathaniel Marshall. He was previously committed to Michigan. 

Auburn now has 5 highly rated defensive linemen. 2 of the top 4 ranked edge players and 3 of the top 12 ranked interior linemen.

There’s still lots of time for bigger bags to be handed out before Signing Day.    

The players are only guaranteed for a single season too.  I wonder if NIL will take interest away from the recruiting sites.  It’s grown into its own massive business but high school recruiting has never been less important.