2024 NCAA Football Thread

Posted (edited)

Love Northwestern’s temporary new stadium.  Absolutely beautiful lakeside on the last day of August.  It’s going to be interesting to see what it looks like in November.  

EDIT: They have moved the November games to Wrigley Field.  

Edited by Hongbit

1 hour ago, MichiganCardinal said:

There's a certain irony to the Modelo Kickoff Classic being played by a bunch of 19 and 20-somethings who cannot legally purchase Modelo.

At least they're giving us a good game to watch though.

Brian Kelly killed a kid.

Let’s do this for Declan went out to my group text before the game. 

• Like 1

On 8/31/2024 at 11:15 PM, RandyMarsh said:

I know it was against Illinois State but I had to do a double take when I saw that Iowa scored 40 points. 

i think they 36 yards at half time and everyone was teasing them. then ended up with over 450.

29 minutes ago, casimir said:

Much appreciation to Florida State for proving once again that preseason rankings ain't worth diddly freaking pooh.

I think if you asked a handful of people today to make a prediction for what the 2030 AP preseason poll would look like, answers would turn out to be pretty largely on the nose.

6 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

I think if you asked a handful of people today to make a prediction for what the 2030 AP preseason poll would look like, answers would turn out to be pretty largely on the nose.

I'd be more interested in a prediction of what the football conferences look like and what the nonfootball conferences look like in 2030.