NBA Info - June 2024

I do think the 04 team is underrated by national pundits due to the lack of star power and the modest overall record but if you look at their record after getting Rasheed and they were a much more dominant team. They lost 2 1 point games when he first arrived but then went 21-3 to finish the season which pro rates out to almost 70 wins over 82 games.

They then beat a 47 win, 62 win and the star studded Lakers in the playoffs. Of course with that said no way they were beating let alone destroying that Warriors team. Even IF our defense held them relatively in check we just didn't have the firepower to keep up with them. 

its a different game now.  they cant handcheck and play defense.

if they were playing with 2004 rules, maybe the pistons do fine.  but in 2017 rules?  they probably get waxed like everyone else unless the warriors get hurt.

Posted (edited)

2004 rules? I'm going with the Pistons. I'd love to see Draymond try to kick Ben in the balls or choke him out - even now.

But in the current era that team wouldn't make it past the first quarter without everyone fouling out. The NBA got soft.

Edited by Betrayer

12 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Sheed causing some crap. He said the 2004 Pistons would destroy the 2017 Warriors. 

Sheed would lose his man on an end of game in bounds and that would be the series.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, buddha said:

its a different game now.  they cant handcheck and play defense.

if they were playing with 2004 rules, maybe the pistons do fine.  but in 2017 rules?  they probably get waxed like everyone else unless the warriors get hurt.

And this is always a variable.  The different eras which includes rules, game styles, roster construction, etc.

6 hours ago, Deleterious said:

I could even accept it if she had said all the other women in the league.  Nope.  All me!

nobody gives a **** about women's basketball if caitlyn clark isnt involved.

2 hours ago, Hongbit said:

Not a great look for JJ to go from lock for job to second choice after someone else turned down it with a bigger contract and term than he’s going to get.    

Who’s to say he accepts after that?