NBA Info - June 2024

15 minutes ago, NYLion said:

I like Bridges but that's quite a haul of unprotected 1sts for him. Regardless, it's a good idea for the Knicks to go all in, I wonder how this effects OG's status there.

The early reports I saw said they still plan to keep OG.  Makes sense.  Replacing OG with Bridges is a lateral move.  You don't give up that many picks for a lateral move.  

4 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

The early reports I saw said they still plan to keep OG.  Makes sense.  Replacing OG with Bridges is a lateral move.  You don't give up that many picks for a lateral move.  

I get that but how is the roster getting sorted out? They have Hart, DiVincenzo, OG, Bridges, Randle at the 2-4 all clear starting level players. A good problem to have I suppose but that seems like a lot of chefs in the kitchen.

Edited by NYLion

6 hours ago, NYLion said:

I get that but how is the roster getting sorted out? They have Hart, DiVincenzo, OG, Bridges, Randle at the 2-4 all clear starting level players. A good problem to have I suppose but that seems like a lot of chefs in the kitchen.

i think they'd love to get rid of randle to some unsuspecting team with oodles of cap space...

watch out wizards fans.

9 hours ago, Deleterious said:

I always laugh at these people talking about "entering a draft sweepstakes" as if tanking is beneficial anymore. Yeah you get the best odds by a slight bit but as well know all too well, that doesn't mean jack.

Also, I wasn't impressed by Flagg in that one showcase game I saw of him as opposed to Wemby who immediately looked like a stud. I was more impressed by the future Rutgers duo but....small sample size and all.

14 minutes ago, NYLion said:

I always laugh at these people talking about "entering a draft sweepstakes" as if tanking is beneficial anymore. Yeah you get the best odds by a slight bit but as well know all too well, that doesn't mean jack.

Also, I wasn't impressed by Flagg in that one showcase game I saw of him as opposed to Wemby who immediately looked like a stud. I was more impressed by the future Rutgers duo but....small sample size and all.

Nobody is comparing him to Wemby.  But even he had stretches last year where he looked bad.  French League playoffs were not great, he was pushed around by some guy a foot shorter than him.  

I have watched a ton of Flagg and he is legit.  Great on defense, elite shot blocker, elite (for his size) lateral quickness, should have no issues switching onto guards, and great help side defender instincts.  He won't be great on offense but he wont just be a useless lob threat either.  He should be able to hit a three and some mid-range.  People say he has a post game, but I never saw him use it much mostly because he never needed too.  Average handle and might struggle to create for himself a bit unless he improves that.

I assume you mean Dylan Harper when talking about the Rutgers guys.  Ace Bailey looked like garbage in that McDonalds game too.  I think he shot 20% in that game.

My money is on Bailey being the #1 pick.  His size, athleticism, and explosiveness are pretty amazing.  Think Jaden Ivey level of first step, but 6'9".  

My buddy is a big draft nerd and he said Harper is the better player today, with Flagg and Bailey having more potential.  But you won't complain at all if you end up with Harper.  He actually said there are two more guys he really likes.  Some kid named Edgecombe playing at Baylor next year.  And some French PG that I can't remember his name.

Plus, we will have other guys rise during the college year and toss in some more international players.  Plus, any of the five I mentioned can drop.  Ron Holland was the #1 pick this time last year.

13 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Nobody is comparing him to Wemby.  But even he had stretches last year where he looked bad.  French League playoffs were not great, he was pushed around by some guy a foot shorter than him.  

I have watched a ton of Flagg and he is legit.  Great on defense, elite shot blocker, elite (for his size) lateral quickness, should have no issues switching onto guards, and great help side defender instincts.  He won't be great on offense but he wont just be a useless lob threat either.  He should be able to hit a three and some mid-range.  People say he has a post game, but I never saw him use it much mostly because he never needed too.  Average handle and might struggle to create for himself a bit unless he improves that.

I assume you mean Dylan Harper when talking about the Rutgers guys.  Ace Bailey looked like garbage in that McDonalds game too.  I think he shot 20% in that game.

My money is on Bailey being the #1 pick.  His size, athleticism, and explosiveness are pretty amazing.  Think Jaden Ivey level of first step, but 6'9".  

My buddy is a big draft nerd and he said Harper is the better player today, with Flagg and Bailey having more potential.  But you won't complain at all if you end up with Harper.  He actually said there are two more guys he really likes.  Some kid named Edgecombe playing at Baylor next year.  And some French PG that I can't remember his name.

Plus, we will have other guys rise during the college year and toss in some more international players.  Plus, any of the five I mentioned can drop.  Ron Holland was the #1 pick this time last year.

Yeah, I mainly meant Harper who was the best player in that game. Bailey didn't shoot well but I really liked his overall game. I could see some guys really threatening Flagg for the top spot, I don't see him as the lock to go there that some seem to think he is (Flagg sweepstakes etc.) hence which is why I brought up Wemby who was the clear cut #1.

Edited by NYLion

17 minutes ago, AlaskanTigersFan said:

More I think about this, the more I think Cade needs to be on the shopping block tonight like a girl on Woodward.....

I love draft picks as well, so I understand this line of thinking. However, this just gets us a bunch of draft picks in the hopes of getting a player...who's as good as Cade. But we won't, because we're not finding a Cade level player no matter how many picks we get in the late 20s of the first round. Those guys come from high lottery picks.

9 minutes ago, Betrayer said:

I love draft picks as well, so I understand this line of thinking. However, this just gets us a bunch of draft picks in the hopes of getting a player...who's as good as Cade. But we won't, because we're not finding a Cade level player no matter how many picks we get in the late 20s of the first round. Those guys come from high lottery picks.

From my understanding, Cade is a 1 way player. No defense what so ever and he turns over the ball a lot. 

Listen, I used to work at Montverde, so of course I love Cade just because of that. But if we need to tear down again, I'd rather do it now than do what Al Avila did to the Tigers and put us in purgatory for another 10 years......

32 minutes ago, Betrayer said:

Not saying I completely disagree. But Boston has Tatum who they picked with a Sacramento pick and Brown who they picked with a Brooklyn pick. 

It takes a little luck for sure.