NBA Info - June 2024

27 minutes ago, AlaskanTigersFan said:

From my understanding, Cade is a 1 way player. No defense what so ever and he turns over the ball a lot. 

Listen, I used to work at Montverde, so of course I love Cade just because of that. But if we need to tear down again, I'd rather do it now than do what Al Avila did to the Tigers and put us in purgatory for another 10 years......

He's been asked to do everything on offense and he's young, but he's far from a 1 way player. He's actually shown some very good defensive potential and switchability due to his size and length. Consistency will be the key, as will good coaching and a real roster.

Turnovers were an issue early in the season. Not so much later in the season. He wound up averaging 3.4 even after a rough start, which is a touch higher than you want in the long run but not crazy for a second year guy with that kind of usage. For reference, Luka averages 4 for his career.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deleterious said:

Curious what the "and more" is because right now I'm just laughing at how wonky the NBA can be sometimes. Just goes to show you that you have no idea what you're players are worth and what people are willing to give up (or not).

Murray and Bridges are both essentially fringe All-Star players. Murray has made 1 All-Star game, Bridges none. They both have 1 All-Defensive team appearance. Both guys are 27 years old.

Last year's numbers:
Bridges: 19.6 PPG, 3.6 AST, 4.5 REB, 1 STL on 44/37/81 splits
Murray: 22.7 PPG, 6.4 AST, 5.3 REB, 1.4 STL on 46/36/79 splits

Arguably Murray was better, even at rebounding. Sure, you're going to pay more for a wing because that's the most coveted position in the NBA, but NYK gave up 5 unprotected first, a pick swap, and a second while NO gave up just 2 picks and a trash player.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Betrayer said:

Curious what the "and more" is because right now I'm just laughing at how wonky the NBA can be sometimes. Just goes to show you that you have no idea what you're players are worth and what people are willing to give up (or not).

Murray and Bridges are both essentially fringe All-Star players. Murray has made 1 All-Star game, Bridges none. They both have 1 All-Defensive team appearance. Both guys are 27 years old.

Last year's numbers:
Bridges: 19.6 PPG, 3.6 AST, 4.5 REB, 1 STL on 44/37/81 splits
Murray: 22.7 PPG, 6.4 AST, 5.3 REB, 1.4 STL on 46/36/79 splits

Arguably Murray was better, even at rebounding. Sure, you're going to pay more for a wing because that's the most coveted position in the NBA, but NYK gave up 5 unprotected first, a pick swap, and a second while NO gave up just 2 picks and a trash player.

Only thing I can think of. Brooklyn had turned down other offers and didn't need to trade him. That drove the price up a bit.

I think someone said Atlanta gave up 4 firsts to get Murray.  

• Like 1