6/3/24 8:05PM Tigers @ Rangers

11 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

I don't think Baddoo can qualify as the new anything.

More like Resurfaced Baddoo...

Still just 25 though.  He was another who came up way too early due to Rule 5 which was not anyone's fault.  

Jake! Missed this game because for the last  8 Mondays I’ve gone to the local Regal Theater and seen in succession all of the Spider-Man movies: the 3 Toby Maguire’s and the 2 Andrew Garfield‘s and ending tonight with Spider-Man: No Way Home that unites all 3 Spider-Man’s. What a treat to go “oh yeah“ and open my phone and see this win. And in my humble opinion Toby Maguire is still the king. GO TIGERS! 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Tigermojo said:

Brieske time travelling to 1980 for the three inning save.

That was fun to see.  Closers the way the baseball gods intended them to be until Tony LaDrunka screwed up bullpens.

9 hours ago, Tiger337 said:

So, Baddoo and Malloy are the new Meadows and Torkelson and Keith is back to being April Keith.  

I was assured that Torkelson being optioned would immediately improve everything.

32 minutes ago, chasfh said:

I was assured that Torkelson being optioned would immediately improve everything.

It only becomes effective once Tork bats once in Toledo. They were off last night. Things should take off from here. 

27 minutes ago, chasfh said:

I'll be seeing Tork in Toledo a week from Friday and will file a full-ish report.

In a Free Press article this morning, it said Tork refused to modify his swing. He thinks the same swing that worked at college would work at the MLB level. I guess he may change his mind?

"But Torkelson has been reluctant to change his swing since the Tigers drafted him No. 1 overall in 2020. The mechanics of his swing don't look any different than when he arrived for his MLB debut more than two years ago.

Torkelson has never admitted he needs to change his swing. Many times, even in the darkest days of his rookie season, Torkelson has talked about how much he believes in his swing. It's the swing that got him here."

7 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

In a Free Press article this morning, it said Tork refused to modify his swing. He thinks the same swing that worked at college would work at the MLB level. I guess he may change his mind?

"But Torkelson has been reluctant to change his swing since the Tigers drafted him No. 1 overall in 2020. The mechanics of his swing don't look any different than when he arrived for his MLB debut more than two years ago.

Torkelson has never admitted he needs to change his swing. Many times, even in the darkest days of his rookie season, Torkelson has talked about how much he believes in his swing. It's the swing that got him here."

he didnt change it last time he was sent down... funny how stories are now coming out that hes a diva 

6 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

I don't think it's his swing. It's his approach. He's thinking about where his hands are while everyone else in baseball is thinking about their lower half.

15 minutes ago, tiger2022 said:

I don't see Tork as a diva at all.  I picture him as a hard worker and a humble guy.  I hope he figures stuff out

Agreed. If he really is stubborn, 6 hour bus rides may help him open his eyes. But I hope for the best, we really need his effective bat in the lineup. Or to at least know where we stand so we can pursue a 1st baseman.

4 minutes ago, tiger2022 said:

Plus he seems like a really good guy.  

I would love him if he did the pizza pizza thing as a way to tweak the tail of the boss.   If he did it earnestly I have to wonder if he'd test well enough to join the USMC. *

*that's a low bar. 

• Haha 1