6/3/24 8:05PM Tigers @ Rangers

Tork thinks he's unique. I don't know where the confidence comes from, he's had two good months in the ML. Just do what everyone else is doing.

Javy is the same. He thinks he can be successful with the same approach he had in his twenties. News flash, your approach always sucked, you just had the physical ability to overcome it but now you don't.

This is the failing of the coaching staff. They can't convince these guys they aren't unique. There are few paths to success in hitting.

12 minutes ago, Tigermojo said:

Javy is the same. He thinks he can be successful with the same approach he had in his twenties. News flash, your approach always sucked, you just had the physical ability to overcome it but now you don't.

except that Javy has decreased his high K rate every year in Detroit from 24 to 22 to 20 percent

all that is cost him was - everything, as his power is completely gone, as he attempts to "control the zone"

2 minutes ago, RatkoVarda said:

except that Javy has decreased his high K rate every year in Detroit from 24 to 22 to 20 percent

all that is cost him was - everything, as his power is completely gone, as he attempts to "control the zone"

That's the question. "Is it age or is it coaching that changed El Mago into Harvey with the bat ?"

2 hours ago, Tigermojo said:

Tork thinks he's unique. I don't know where the confidence comes from, he's had two good months in the ML. Just do what everyone else is doing.

This is the failing of the coaching staff. They can't convince these guys they aren't unique. There are few paths to success in hitting.

Yeah, Javy is way overpaid. But he has more to offer than Tork. His defense can be amazing. And he's an above average baserunner. The only thing that irritates me is his wild swings against sliders 3 feet outside. Oh, and high fastballs. But in fairness, that gets a lot of hitters.

8 hours ago, tiger2022 said:

I don't see Tork as a diva at all.  I picture him as a hard worker and a humble guy.  I hope he figures stuff out

Honest question, why do you believe this? Is there something you read about him that leads you to believe this? If so I'd love to see it because I haven't come across anything either way. Or maybe it's basically a feeling you have about him?