6/5/24 8:05PM Tigers @ Rangers

1 minute ago, tiger2022 said:

Or they could get an actual bat at first instead of trying to fill the position with below average hitters at 1st.

Anyone you're thinking of in particular?

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, kdog said:

I forgot about Lange. He will be called up if a bullpen arm is failing. Wentz is out of options so you will likely lose him if he gets exposed IMO.

I can’t see anyone putting in a claim for Wentz with the current steak he’s on.   He’s completely imploded giving up 16 ER in his last 6 outings.  

Edited by Hongbit
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Anyone you're thinking of in particular?

Nope.  But if they think Keith has a future in the big leagues, moving him to first would be about as dumb a move as they could make.  He has a chance to be an above average bat at 2nd but at 1st, he would be a bottom 1/3 bat.  

1 minute ago, tiger2022 said:

Nope.  But if they think Keith has a future in the big leagues, moving him to first would be about as dumb a move as they could make.  He has a chance to be an above average bat at 2nd but at 1st, he would be a bottom 1/3 bat.  

I can't think of any either, outside of Brandon Belt, and he's 36 and not a lock to rake, either. I don't think we can just pick up an available well-hitting first basemen at Target.

In any event, if I were going outside looking for help, whether via trade or signing, I'd be prioritizing shortstop before first base.