6/7/24 6:40PM Brewers @ Tigers

What a disgusting performance tonight.   They were disinterested in playing baseball tonight.     Did they party at the Train Depot concert last night and get hungover.        I did find out tonight, though, that you can sleepwalk and (sort of) play baseball.   

I put more effort into wheeling my garbage bin to the curb.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

The Tigers will win the next 2 games. It seems like we always open a series looking horrible and then play great the rest of the series. Or not....they'll battle all season to try for .500.

I haven't looked through the whole schedule to know if it's any kind of trend with the Tigers or not but this is not the 1st time they have been flat opening at home after a road trip.

1 hour ago, Motor City Sonics said:

What a disgusting performance tonight.   They were disinterested in playing baseball tonight.     Did they party at the Train Depot concert last night and get hungover.        I did find out tonight, though, that you can sleepwalk and (sort of) play baseball.   

I put more effort into wheeling my garbage bin to the curb.  

Tell us what you really think Mark. 😉

1 hour ago, gehringer_2 said:

I haven't looked through the whole schedule to know if it's any kind of trend with the Tigers or not but this is not the 1st time they have been flat opening at home after a road trip.

Even on the road....didn't they lose the 1st game in Tampa and win the next 2?

1 hour ago, UCFKNIGHT said:

If the Detroit Tigers had ownership that gave a damn, AJ Hinch and Scott Harris would have both been fired after tonight 's game.

Chris should have both of them killed to show the fans that he gives a damn.  

Gladiators using the home run pizza spear would send a strong message.  

8 hours ago, UCFKNIGHT said:

If the Detroit Tigers had ownership that gave a damn, AJ Hinch and Scott Harris would have both been fired after tonight 's game.

If they had ownership that gave a damn they'd been fired long ago.  I think hiring Hinch was a bad idea; hiring a disgraced, dirtbag is probably not your best choice.

Riley Greene isn't part of the problem, not at all, but he hasn't carried the Tigers on offense since a consistent stretch of success from mid-April through early May.

Dating to May 5, Greene is hitting .205 with three home runs, nine walks and 38 strikeouts across 29 games. The Tigers typically struggle on offense as a team when Greene's performance on offense lacks consistency.

"There's a little bit of miss in there right now," Hinch said of Greene, who finished 0-for-3 with two strikeouts. "He showed a little bit of frustration tonight. I know he has a littlest of miss in there. He's got a lot of damage in it. He'll be fine. Finding ways to move the ball forward whenever you're not feeling perfect are going to be key development points, but he's going to be right back in there tomorrow. I have full confidence in him."

Posted (edited)

Can you imagine what this team would look like without Flaherty and Skubal! And it is a good probability Flaherty will be gone at the end of July. 

Edited by 1776