6/8/24 4:10PM Brewers @ Tigers

The coach challenge is stupid.  Why can't they just have an ump watching the game and if the call is wrong they simply buzz down and tell the home plate ump.  It would have literally taken 10 seconds for the catchers interference to be overturned.  

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Dtrain72 said:

I mias the kinda good at hitting Canha

A Tiger taking too many pitches. What else is new? You just cannot end an inning on a called strike with a man in scoring position. Shouldn't 'control the zone' include defending it? In general the Tigers have done a good job of staying alive today  but not that AB.

And Miller isn't any better since he's come back.

Edited by gehringer_2
  • Like 2

Just now, Motor City Sonics said:

What the **** is he doing with these constant defensive changes?   

Tired of all these positions being platooned. Put the best defense out there to prevent runs and let them hit. Over-thinking at times and lazy managing other times. I've seen enough, time to cancel Bally until hockey season. 

2 minutes ago, Dave Christian said:

It was a lot more fun watching the Tigers lose with Tork on the field!

It was fun ragging on Tork all the time. Now who? sorta tired of Baez bashing. although apt. there's just not many players that are either overrated or underproducing. all of them are just 'another journeyman players'.

29 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Tired of all these positions being platooned. Put the best defense out there to prevent runs and let them hit. Over-thinking at times and lazy managing other times. I've seen enough, time to cancel Bally until hockey season. 

Fortunately, Xfinity has done that for me already.

6 minutes ago, Klondike said:

It was fun ragging on Tork all the time. Now who? sorta tired of Baez bashing. although apt. there's just not many players that are either overrated or underproducing. all of them are just 'another journeyman players'.

I was more or less pleased with the first 6-7 weeks of the season. They were in every game and playing a lot of young guys. You could see the makings of a future contender. But now. Tork is in purgatory. Meadows and Lange have been banished there as well. Greene is in an extended slump. Carpenter is out indefinitely. Keith's burst of offensive production has fizzled. Perez, as expected, is fighting it. The bullpen is erratic, to put it kindly. Manning and Mize's growth has stalled. The defense has plummeted in just about every metric. 

It's hard to be optimistic, certainly about the rest of this season. And now who knows what to expect next year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Motor City Sonics said:

That was very Delmon Young-ish.       Dude's a DH.   We have a few of those.     

Why wasn't he playing first base in Toledo ? How much do coaches need to see in order to determine someone does not have the skill set to play a position. It's become an epidemic in Detroit. Still ongoing. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, SoCalTiger said:

Why wasn't he playing first base in Toledo ? How much do coaches need to see in order to determine someone does not have the skill set to play a position. It's become an epidemic in Detroit. Still ongoing. 

One game sample size: he does not look like an MLBer in the field. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SeattleMike said:

I was more or less pleased with the first 6-7 weeks of the season. They were in every game and playing a lot of young guys. You could see the makings of a future contender. But now. Tork is in purgatory. Meadows and Lange have been banished there as well. Greene is in an extended slump. Carpenter is out indefinitely. Keith's burst of offensive production has fizzled. Perez, as expected, is fighting it. The bullpen is erratic, to put it kindly. Manning and Mize's growth has stalled. The defense has plummeted in just about every metric. 

It's hard to be optimistic, certainly about the rest of this season. And now who knows what to expect next year. 

Sadly this seems like a very accurate summary to me. I bet Harris has thought this all along and thats why his last draft was high schoolers and I bet he pairs them up with more this draft. Me thinks his window is 2027-2028 and I bet he has told Junior as much during his interview. But I'm not a betting man. 

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, SoCalTiger said:

This org is nowhere near as clever as they think they are. This loss was an unforced error brought to you by management. 

Edited by gehringer_2