2024 Trade Deadline Rumors and Discussion

1 hour ago, chasfh said:

I'm iffy about dealing with Tampa at all. What I favor is asking them to name some players they want back in trade, then keeping those players and focusing developmental efforts on them. 😉

Or ask them what the list of prospects they are willing to include in a deal for our player and then ask for someone outside of that list 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RandyMarsh said:

What are the type of prospects the O's gave up for Efflin in relationship to ours? Just wondering cause I wouldn't have minded getting Efflin to have him next year in the rotation as a Flaherty replacement. 

Just basing off grades, something along the lines of Hao-Yu Lee, Brant Hurter and Seth Stephenson. 

• Like 1

It’s been unbelievable how Blake Snell went from a total disaster trade for SF to one of the top names out there for a top tier pitcher trade wise at the deadline. He has been lights out his last three starts. 

12 hours ago, SoCalTiger said:

Meaning what?

Meaning he could have been gone before the end of the game at this point. Flaherty has probably made his last start as a Tiger. I really liked Flaherty here. He came with some some questions but he has exceeded expectations entirely.

13 minutes ago, 1776 said:

It’s been unbelievable how Blake Snell went from a total disaster trade for SF to one of the top names out there for a top tier pitcher trade wise at the deadline. He has been lights out his last three starts. 

Speaking of the Giants, I see that Matt Chapman’s name is out there, too.

7 minutes ago, 1776 said:

Meaning he could have been gone before the end of the game at this point. Flaherty has probably made his last start as a Tiger. I really liked Flaherty here. He came with some some questions but he has exceeded expectations entirely.

Comeback player of the year?  Is that an award?

3 minutes ago, casimir said:

Speaking of the Giants, I see that Matt Chapman’s name is out there, too.

The Giants are going to be one of the more interesting teams at the deadline. Farhan Zaidi has some big decisions to make. 
Chapman and Snell have opt-outs this year.