2024 Trade Deadline Rumors and Discussion

1 hour ago, RedRamage said:

I get the feeling that Flaherty isn't going anywhere until tomorrow. There seems to be a bit of a bidding war so I suspect Harris is holding out for the best offer as teams get more and more desparate.

There's risk to waiting too.  The best offer may have already been given and may come off the table if that team finds another pitcher.  

32 minutes ago, monkeytargets39 said:

Not sure what we’d get from the Yankees for Flaherty.  Not interested in Spencer Jones.

A lot of their top prospects are either outfielders or pitchers.

Wouldn’t mind seeing Ben Rice as a C/1B included in the deal which could give us a promising bat in the event Tork/Dingler struggle.

Ben's used to sell these Rice Bowls.   They were delicious.   They just disappeared.       I am on Colonoscopy prep day today........I am very hungry.    Mmmmmmmmmmm  Rice Bowl.......

54605481c651b411ca393e25b7387065_large.png

44 minutes ago, Longgone said:

Arias, Pereira, Selvidge…

That makes some sense. I still think OPeraza (SS/Inf), just last year highly touted, would be fine also (so far he is not on the waiver wire ;). Maybe CHampton as he could maybe pitch this year.

They could also dig deeper, ask for JDominguez and add JJung+ from our end. We could use a masher and have a lot of 2B types Lee, McGonigle, Keith, etc. already. They might like a young power LHB 2B in that park, GTorres is gone after this year. Though they did just get Jazz.

IMHO, this team needs to come up with 1-2 'players' for Jack. Again, we can add in a prospect or two and/or a RP to make a quality acquisition (or two). There are several teams looking for a frontline SP. They are bidding for this. NO excuses.

Edited by alex

1 hour ago, syrett4 said:

That's the vibe I'm getting too.   Twitterverse has Dodgers, Padres, Houston, Cleveland, Yankees, Mets and I even saw a Boston post.   Scott Harris and Greenberg are truly trying to get the best deal possible.  It will be interesting to see what unfolds. 

I feel so much better and confident that we'll get good player(s) than I did with Avila making these trades. Is Scott we trust...

20 minutes ago, monkeytargets39 said:

Trading Flaherty for a guy on the 60 Day DL with an elbow injury?

I guess Avila has the rest of the league conditioned to believe the Tigers are an easy mark.

UCL sprain that's been treated with rest and rehab instead of a TJ. And you are going to give something up for him before he proves he won't be right be back on the DL and going under the knife like so many who try to rehab a UCL sprain? maybe at 22 they don't care if he loses another year - he can follow in Mize's well trodden footsteps.

Edited by gehringer_2

12 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

I guess Avila has the rest of the league conditioned to believe the Tigers are an easy mark.

UCL sprain that's been treated with rest and rehab instead of a TJ. And you are going to give something up for him before he proves he won't be right be back on the DL and going under the knife like so many who try to rehab a UCL sprain? maybe at 22 they don't care if he loses another year - he can follow in Mize's well trodden footsteps.

The fanbase will lose its collective mind if this goes down, mostly because he’s on the DL. Hampton is Fangraphs #67 prospect, so some in the industry are quite high on this guy. But you really hate trading for a pitcher with his injury history.