6/12/24 6:40PM Nationals @ Tigers

The MLB app on my phone is annoying because it’s always informing me about what better teams are doing to stock up for their pennant runs. I really miss the days when we ran with the big dogs and got used to walloping trades and free agent signings occurring.

Not to disparage him, but hoping that Riley Greene can at least raise his batting average above .250 just isn’t the same. I’d always expected more. And getting excited about role players coming up and exceeding initial expectations just isn’t the same. It’s good but not the same. Damn. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

I wish we played the White Sox 17 times a year like we used to. They suck. They would be easier to beat. 

They just called up a top ML pitching prospect. Do you really want the Tigers to face him? The outcome is somewhat predictable. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

They just called up a top ML pitching prospect. Do you really want the Tigers to face him? The outcome is somewhat predictable. 

A rookie pitcher and they’ve never seen his stuff? Even Miggy and Prince in their prime couldn’t hit a guy like that when they were on the Tigers. A whole lineup of Tiger All-Stars would be flummoxed by that. Hopefully we will only face this future Sandy Koufax once.

1 minute ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Is Reese's nick name "Blotchy"?    I had a college roommate who'd get those red blotches on his face whenever he would drink.   He could never lie about not drinking.  

Lol...my niece is the same way. But she's cute...😅

11 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Is Reese's nick name "Blotchy"?    I had a college roommate who'd get those red blotches on his face whenever he would drink.   He could never lie about not drinking.  

I call him Cabbage patch kid

• Haha 1