6/12/24 6:40PM Nationals @ Tigers

23 minutes ago, SeattleMike said:

26th in OBP so not much traffic on the bases. 22th in slugging so not much power. Pray tell have the Tigers actually been a lucky on offense to this point? Scary thought. 

They are clutch!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

Other than Skubal, and maybe Greene, there’s pretty much nobody on this team that’s holding much of my interest right now. It’s been a while since I’ve been this bored with a Tiger team this early. 

Did you forget 2017-2022?  🙂

3 hours ago, SoCalTiger said:

It just wears you down year after year. 

The defensive foibles lately are wearing me down.  I understand the offense is limited.  Bullpens can come and go (although this version seems to be an extreme).  But, please, field and throw the ball with some professionalism.

5 hours ago, casimir said:

The defensive foibles lately are wearing me down.  I understand the offense is limited.  Bullpens can come and go (although this version seems to be an extreme).  But, please, field and throw the ball with some professionalism.

Agree 1000%. I have always chosen defense first. No clown shows please. Baez does have value as captain of the infield. We win Tuesdays game with him. McKinstry not covering third and dividing at player to luckily get an out and Keith letting a trow go through, Kriedler and Greene clanking balls off their gloves. And Hinch continues the merry go round of players changing positions. It's embarrising. 

13 minutes ago, SoCalTiger said:

Agree 1000%. I have always chosen defense first. No clown shows please. Baez does have value as captain of the infield. We win Tuesdays game with him. McKinstry not covering third and dividing at player to luckily get an out and Keith letting a trow go through, Kriedler and Greene clanking balls off their gloves. And Hinch continues the merry go round of players changing positions. It's embarrising. 

I don't think some of what we are seeing is due to this.  In fact, I think a lot of it is just poor fundamentals regardless of position.  But something like McKinstry not covering 3B, that does fall in line with merry go round theory.

However, what is Hinch to do with the roster that he has?  Is there an everyday lineup that goes against both RHPs and LHPs with minimal platooning

18 minutes ago, casimir said:

I don't think some of what we are seeing is due to this.  In fact, I think a lot of it is just poor fundamentals regardless of position.  But something like McKinstry not covering 3B, that does fall in line with merry go round theory.

However, what is Hinch to do with the roster that he has?  Is there an everyday lineup that goes against both RHPs and LHPs with minimal platooning

Yes. Greene -LF , Verling -CF , Perez- RF , Rogers - C, Canha- 1B, Keith/Ibanenz- 2B ( platoon) Kreidler -SS (just let him sink or swim and his glove is way way better than McKinstry) Urshela- 3B DH - Mallory/Badoo(platoon) -NEVER let them in the field.

This is the best defensively and the tiny advantage of platooning and moving players is more than off set by the improved defense of not doing that. Even in the platoon at second both players are playing the SAME position. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, SoCalTiger said:

Yes. Greene -LF , Verling -CF , Perez- RF , Rogers - C, Canha- 1B, Keith/Ibanenz- 2B ( platoon) Kreidler -SS (just let him sink or swim and his glove is way way better than McKinstry) Urshela- 3B DH - Mallory/Badoo(platoon) -NEVER let them in the field.

This is the best defensively and the tiny advantage of platooning and moving players is more than off set by the improved defense of not doing that. Even in the platoon at second both players are playing the SAME position. 

That’s an idea.  At the very least, it’s a thoughtful answer to a question without merely complaining to complain.  So I appreciate that.