A Good Walk Spoiled - The Golf Thread

40 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

I read good things about the Callaway pre-owned site.  I ordered a "like new" Paradym 7 wood from them and it came still in the shrink wrap with stickers/tags on the shaft like it was never used.  Not a single mark on the head, no scuff marks at all.  99% sure it was a brand new club.

They also offer a 15 day money back guarantee if you are unhappy with the condition.  You can just print up the return label from UPS and send it back.  It also has a manufacturer warranty good for a year I believe.

One very small downside is it comes with a generic "Paradym" head cover.  So if you order a driver and a few fairway woods they all look the same.  But you could come up with something fairly easy to help identify which club is which.  

I bought a year old Mavrik driver for half the retail price from them and had the same result.   Club was like new.  There was a tiny scratch on the shaft that was hardly noticeable.  

It came with a very basic Mavrik head cover which I have discarded.  

Will definitely be using them in the future for other purchases. 

6 hours ago, Deleterious said:

How to make the golf community hate you by Matt Kuchar.

I am not a Kuch fan and those were typical jerk moves yesterday but….Aaron Rai is at another level of slow.  His putting routine is so long.   I can absolutely see how Kuch blew a gasket playing behind him even though it was the completely unprofessional thing to do.  

I saw it speculated that Kuchar may have thought that if he didn’t finish they wouldn’t award the trophy until the next day and that would be his chance to make Rai wait.  He was obviously wrong.

I am so ridiculously bad at golf, and it's making me crazy. I've been in a league with some friends the past couple of years, which is the first time in my 50+ years that I've played golf on a regular basis (or kept score). No one in the league cares that I'm bad, even my brother teammate, except for me. It's a beer cart league, and just out to have fun. Which it is, when I'm not doing the golf part.

I even took some lessons this summer, in an effort to moderately improve. Instead it has somehow made me worse. Now instead of being able to drive the ball (but not really know where it's going), I either pop it up straight in the air or top it. The only things that kinda improved is my chipping and putting. Irons are OK, but wildly inconsistent. At least there I know what I am trying to do, but I am completely lost in the tee box. 

On 8/14/2024 at 8:38 AM, Shades of Deivi Cruz said:

I am so ridiculously bad at golf, and it's making me crazy. I've been in a league with some friends the past couple of years, which is the first time in my 50+ years that I've played golf on a regular basis (or kept score). No one in the league cares that I'm bad, even my brother teammate, except for me. It's a beer cart league, and just out to have fun. Which it is, when I'm not doing the golf part.

I even took some lessons this summer, in an effort to moderately improve. Instead it has somehow made me worse. Now instead of being able to drive the ball (but not really know where it's going), I either pop it up straight in the air or top it. The only things that kinda improved is my chipping and putting. Irons are OK, but wildly inconsistent. At least there I know what I am trying to do, but I am completely lost in the tee box. 

If I had to rank which parts of the game are most important to master for a player trying to break 100 consistently it would be:

1. Irons from 120 to 150 yards

2. Chipping/short game around green

3. Putting

4. Driving 

Now, If I ranked which part of the game frustrates players the most, it would be the same list but in reverse.  

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/11/2024 at 9:26 AM, Deleterious said:

I love how fast we forget, especially when $$$ is involved.

The PGA Tour is meeting with the PIF.  The PIF is the Saudi Arabia Sovereign Wealth Fund, which is essentially the Royal Family. They are meeting on 9/11 in NYC.  

Sources: PGA Tour, PIF officials meeting in New York

I’m at the point where I expect every move Jay Monahan makes is the wrong one and he rarely disappoints