6/13/24 1:10PM Nationals @ Tigers

2 hours ago, chasfh said:

Don’t look now, but Justyn-Henry Malloy has an .889 OPS. 

And he is drawing walks which is important because the concern was that he wouldn't be able to do that in the Majors.  

• Like 1

Mize with 3 swings and misses today after producing just 2 his last start. For reference Skubal produced 7 in the first 11 pitches he threw last start. I basically had no expectations coming into this season for him due to the TJ recovery but if he continues to miss these little of bats with the sketchy command he has things could get ugly fast for him. 

15 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Mize with 3 swings and misses today after producing just 2 his last start. For reference Skubal produced 7 in the first 11 pitches he threw last start. I basically had no expectations coming into this season for him due to the TJ recovery but if he continues to miss these little of bats with the sketchy command he has things could get ugly fast for him. 

I think most folks assume he won’t be the top flight ave that was hoped for.  But the Tigers have him for two seasons after this.  Can he still be a valuable middle of the rotation guy?

7 minutes ago, casimir said:

I think most folks assume he won’t be the top flight ave that was hoped for.  But the Tigers have him for two seasons after this.  Can he still be a valuable middle of the rotation guy?

In 13 starts he has allowed 3 runs or more only 3 times. And in 6 of those 2 runs or fewer. As a 4th or 5th starter that works. 

• Like 2

I like the lineup today. I know we don't have a true leadoff, 3 spot, or cleanup hitter, but this could work.

It's criminal that Keith has more than twice the ABs as Ibanez. 

Nice to get some production out of Kreidler and Malloy. Keep it up!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

I am sorry. I will remember to set the timer on the VCR before I leave to work. You will need to adjust the tracking if you remember correctly.

Thanks for looking out for dopes like me.

9 hours ago, kdog said:

crushed an offspeed pitch a long way; Double was on a 95 MPH fastball.

Its a small sample size early on, but he's getting good wood on the ball.

image.thumb.png.e6972b0b5dcb6e58d1b8968e11cc7c0c.png

So, combined with his ability to get walks, if this continues, he's going to find himself up higher in the lineup.