6/14/24 8:10PM Tigers @ Astros

21 minutes ago, kdog said:

Wenceel has cratered around the time that Meadows is close to getting another shot...funny how things work out.

Pitchers are jamming him inside from what I've seen...

He either adapts...

Or flops.

Up to him.

5 minutes ago, tiger2022 said:

Malloy looks like he was carrying a piano with him.

Remember that time everybody couldnt wait for Tork, Keith, Meadows, Malloy, and Kreidler to all be part of the Tigers core?  That was cool...now we're just a Jayce and Max away from it allll coming together!

36 minutes ago, kdog said:

Wenceel has cratered around the time that Meadows is close to getting another shot...funny how things work out.

I don’t know about that, since Meadows ran through a stop sign from the third base coach in the bottom of the ninth with two out and down three to make the final out of the game at the plate in Toledo tonight. So …

2 minutes ago, Tigermojo said:

They showed a stat that Canha hadn't swung and missed in his last 16 PA so he proceeds to strike out twice.

Maybe the Bally crew should start bad mouthing the team instead being up beat

You got the Astros swinging at the first and second pitches trying to do damage meanwhile the Tigers are sitting there taking pitches, "working the count" and trying to "go up the middle".

I just don't agree with that approach in this day and age for a number of reasons most notably that in today's game even if you get ahead in the count pitchers don't throw "get me over pitches" anymore when behind so you're not going to get a cookie, you're going to get just as tough of pitch to hit. Also starters don't pitch as long anymore so no need to try to make them work and get to the middle relief since you're likely going to get there anyway. 

20 minutes ago, chasfh said:

I don’t know about that, since Meadows ran through a stop sign from the third base coach in the bottom of the ninth with two out and down three to make the final out of the game at the plate in Toledo tonight. So …

Love his aggressiveness. 😁

This game will run a little over two hours. Two excellent starting pitching performances..Skubal threw about 10 bad pitches; The rest of the game was a non-event.

Edited by kdog

4 minutes ago, Tigermojo said:

Greene just missed one.

It was one of those things where, in the two or so seconds before the ball came down, you knew 100% he was going to jump up and rob the home run.

37 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

You got the Astros swinging at the first and second pitches trying to do damage meanwhile the Tigers are sitting there taking pitches, "working the count" and trying to "go up the middle".

I just don't agree with that approach in this day and age for a number of reasons most notably that in today's game even if you get ahead in the count pitchers don't throw "get me over pitches" anymore when behind so you're not going to get a cookie, you're going to get just as tough of pitch to hit. Also starters don't pitch as long anymore so no need to try to make them work and get to the middle relief since you're likely going to get there anyway. 

Petry and Dan hitting the connection again that the Tigers take the most 1st pitches of any team by far in a context clearly implying the connection to the inept offense, a point also having been  made by Monroe and Gibson, none of that, let alone multiple years of terrible results, appears to be motivating this coaching staff to reconsider its assumptions. 

Edited by gehringer_2