6/15 4:10PM Tigers @ Astros

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

55 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Houston BP really worked today. Wore them out.

Perez stole 2B with an 8 run lead.  The Dans said something about it being odd, but also bringing up that it was only the 3rd inning.  Heck yes, pour it on.  Dig into that opponent’s bullpen as much as possible to weaken it for the next game.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, casimir said:

Perez stole 2B with an 8 run lead.  The Dans said something about it being odd, but also bringing up that it was only the 3rd inning.  Heck yes, pour it on.  Dig into that opponent’s bullpen as much as possible to weaken it for the next game.  

The Tigers recently blew a 7-run lead to the Blue Jays. If they were up 15-0 in the 8th I understand throttling it down. Otherwise pedal to the metal. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, casimir said:

Until the other team stops swinging at pitches then pour it on.   

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, oblong said:

Who remembers when the Tigers blew a 7-run lead in the 9th against the Angels in late August of 1986. Willie Hernandez gave up a grand slam with 2-outs and the Tigers lost 13-12. They ended up getting swept in a 4-game series, which essentially ended their season. Thankfully for Hernandez no Twitter. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, SeattleMike said:

Who remembers when the Tigers blew a 7-run lead in the 9th against the Angels in late August of 1986. Willie Hernandez gave up a grand slam with 2-outs and the Tigers lost 13-12. They ended up getting swept in a 4-game series, which essentially ended their season. Thankfully for Hernandez no Twitter. 

I remember it well.  That was probably one of the five worst Tigers games of my life right up there with game 163, the Ortiz homer in the playoffs, etc.  

8 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

I remember it well.  That was probably one of the five worst Tigers games of my life right up there with game 163, the Ortiz homer in the playoffs, etc.  

To this day I never feel comfortable with any lead of fewer than 9 runs. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, oblong said:

Absolutely. Not only is it possible for a team to come back from any deficit as long as there are outs left, but also, this is also grown man business and not Little League play. There’s no need to spare anyone’s feelings. 

13 hours ago, kdog said:

When Dickerson is the backup for Benetti, you have it good. Of course, it would help if half of Detroit could see the games.

The only thing I am kind of sad about is that Dan Dickerson is more like 65 instead of 45.