6/16/24 2:10PM Tigers @ Astros

Two shutouts sandwiched around 13 runs is so fitting for this team lol. That's why the offense is improved in the aggregate. They have more explosive games but the baseline is about the same.

27 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

But wait until May and June, he has always been a slow starter. And he was affordable for 2 seasons. A bargain. 🥴🥴

That’s been his history.  A rough April followed by good pitching for the rest of the season.  We’re talking opponents’ OPS of over .800 in April and below .700 the rest of the season over the course of several seasons.  It just ain’t clicking this season for whatever reason.

I thought he was going to leave earlier in this game.  He was stretching his back quite a bit in the 1st.  Then he took that shot off of his leg.  He made the play and then fell down, which is what my dad always told us when we were playing.

Just now, SoCalTiger said:

Hinch back to playing McKinstry ad Nauseam because switch hitters are gold. Never going to get a good read on Kinsler because he loves playing his confirmed AAAA guy. 

Well, Kinsler is sort’ve retired.  I’m not sure there’s much to read.  😆

E5 on the double clutch & throw?  Not the easiest of plays for a 3B, but I’d say it’s one that is usually made.  I think Singleton had a reasonable chance to catch that at 1st for an out.  If the Tigers get a hit, I think this error gets changed to a hit.

12 minutes ago, Tigermojo said:

Tork down to 790 OPS in Toledo.

I don't think it would matter even if had a 1.000 OPS. They're probably looking for real mechanical fixes. But with the difference between AAA and MLB, it's hard to know if he's fixed until he comes back up.

21 minutes ago, casimir said:

With no due respect, eff that.

Why?  Do you care that much about the ****ty product they put on the field?  I would love them to get embarrassed repeatedly so there will be some sort of change...i.e. new manager, better players, etc.

Edited by tiger2022

31 minutes ago, casimir said:

That’s been his history.  A rough April followed by good pitching for the rest of the season.  We’re talking opponents’ OPS of over .800 in April and below .700 the rest of the season over the course of several seasons.  It just ain’t clicking this season for whatever reason.

I thought he was going to leave earlier in this game.  He was stretching his back quite a bit in the 1st.  Then he took that shot off of his leg.  He made the play and then fell down, which is what my dad always told us when we were playing.

Past performance doesn't mean much. Sometimes players fall off a cliff and the team follows them if they're counted on to do what they did in past years.

2 minutes ago, tiger2022 said:

Why?  Do you care that much about the ****ty product they put on the field?  I would love them to get embarrassed repeatedly so there will be some sort of change...i.e. new manager, better players, etc.

If you enjoy a terrible disposition about things, so be it.