6/16/24 2:10PM Tigers @ Astros

4 minutes ago, casimir said:

Are you here to root against the Tigers?  I guess I don’t understand that point, but whatever.

Nope, but if you are excited about a team that gets shutout anytime they face an average or better pitcher...to quote you "so be it"  and "but whatever."  

13 minutes ago, tiger2022 said:

Why?  Do you care that much about the ****ty product they put on the field?  I would love them to get embarrassed repeatedly so there will be some sort of change...i.e. new manager, better players, etc.

That worked for the WSox, right? The Tigers won't change their business plan just because of game results. Every business wants to keep overhead down. The Tigers payroll is overhead and the lower it goes, the more money they make. Gotta watch that bottom line.

4 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

That worked for the WSox, right? The Tigers won't change their business plan just because of game results. Every business wants to keep overhead down. The Tigers payroll is overhead and the lower it goes, the more money they make. Gotta watch that bottom line.

I know they won't, but it's still cool to see a no hitter.  Not sure why some posters are taking it personally that someone wants to see a no hitter.

11 minutes ago, tiger2022 said:

Nope, but if you are excited about a team that gets shutout anytime they face an average or better pitcher...to quote you "so be it"  and "but whatever."  

Awesome.  Enjoy your loss.

4 minutes ago, tiger2022 said:

I know they won't, but it's still cool to see a no hitter.  Not sure why some posters are taking it personally that someone wants to see a no hitter.

I don't think any fan of a team wants to see them no hit, or even shut out. I know I don't wanna see it. But I'm not going to make excuses for the horrible roster decisions our management makes. Not gonna be a slappy and defend their not even caring about the product the suckers...err...fans have to watch.

They are 3-7 since winning on June 4th. In the 3 wins, they have scored 30 runs; In the seven losses, they have scored 15 runs.

Carpenter injury and Tork failure are huge issues obviously.

Edited by kdog
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Tigermojo said:

Tork down to 790 OPS in Toledo.

Maybe, hopefully -- it's because  they have told him to swing at more pitches in the zone and learn to reach more of them and this is the beginning of an adjustment period.  The last couple games he does seem to be taking a lot fewer pitches in the zone. 

13 minutes ago, tiger2022 said:

Well, it would be cooler if I knew the pitcher was doing something extraordinary, but if you no-hit this team the way its playing now it should go in the books with an asterisk.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, tiger2022 said:

Why?  Do you care that much about the ****ty product they put on the field?  I would love them to get embarrassed repeatedly so there will be some sort of change...i.e. new manager, better players, etc.

The Tigers had plenty of changes the past couple of years and they’re getting better, so, going in the right direction. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, kdog said:

Today and Friday's game are about the same...non competitive offense and the games will barely last two hours...Saturday was nice.

It’d be interesting to see just how volatile the Tiger offensive routs are vs it’s normal output.  What percentage of these games are outliers to it’s normal distribution, and how does that compare to the rest of the league?