6/16/24 2:10PM Tigers @ Astros

23 minutes ago, tiger2022 said:

Does anyone seriously think they have a realistic shot of grabbing a WC spot?

The lightning-in-a-bottle that would be required does not appear in my forecasts.  However, bring up a crazy hitting Torkelson, Parker Meadows or whoever (so that's 3 hitters who are suddenly shifting our offensive fortunes) and we would have a shot.   Maybe they need to trade for that though.  That does not seem like something this management/ownership group would do. 

Maybe the Illitch family with the Tigers are trying to make the Ford family feel better about the 1963-2023 shame by beating that record of perverse futility?

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, tiger2022 said:

Only 5 teams are out of a playoff shot in the AL and Nl.... its says more about the MLB then it does about the Tigers

43 minutes ago, tiger2022 said:

Best case scenario Carpenter and Torkelson come back after the ASB as effective players and they manage to play >500 ball in the 2nd half. The $64 dollar question is will they fall too far out of it before then, and the answer to that is looking like yes. They don't hit and they are down to 2 effective starters. Manning isn't doing anything much at Toledo. Oslen maybe finds his grove again, maybe Mize's command keeps improving with more IP. A lot of things will have to go right, and when have they ever for this team? You'd have to go back to 2006. I guess they must have burned a couple of generations worth of good Karma that year.

Edited by gehringer_2

8 minutes ago, casimir said:

I guess that’s 5D level chess fandom that I do not understand.

Seriously, some of you need to go find your safe zone, cuddle up with a box of tissues, and have a good cry.  "Some mean random person on the internet doesn't want some Tiger to get a hit....mommy, they aren't a real fan!"

59 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Stay classy.

Yeah, no reason for Tiger fans to turn on each other. Let's just bad mouth the announcers...did anyone hear Dan Petry make an excuse yesterday for McKinstry misplaying a ground ball? Petry said the sun was in his eyes...on a ground ball...🤣🤣🤣

1 hour ago, Sports_Freak said:

Yeah, no reason for Tiger fans to turn on each other. Let's just bad mouth the announcers...did anyone hear Dan Petry make an excuse yesterday for McKinstry misplaying a ground ball? Petry said the sun was in his eyes...on a ground ball...🤣🤣🤣

I think I know what he was trying to get to, but he failed articulating it.  I think what he was trying to express was similar to when shadows get in between the pitcher's mound and home plate.  The sun isn't necessarily in the batter's eye, but the ball is going in and out of shadows.  I think that's what Petry meant.

Regardless, that play has to be made.

1 hour ago, casimir said:

I think I know what he was trying to get to, but he failed articulating it.  I think what he was trying to express was similar to when shadows get in between the pitcher's mound and home plate.  The sun isn't necessarily in the batter's eye, but the ball is going in and out of shadows.  I think that's what Petry meant.

Regardless, that play has to be made.

Yeah, I understood what he meant. But that ruins my story of how the Tigers announcers constantly make excuses for the Tigers. That's what happens when the team employs the announcer and not the network.