6/18/24 7:20PM Tigers @ Braves

4 minutes ago, tiger2022 said:

I get the point about surgery, but if he doesn't improve, what value does he actually have?

As badly as he started he only gave up 2 to a good offense plus the added outs he had to get because of some poor defense, so I don’t take this start as a step back. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sports_Freak said:

So if Baddoo goes down for Parker, who will we call up for Malloy?

Oh I think Malloy gets more time...because he's right handed and they have nothing from that side of the plate with Tork down.

7 minutes ago, kdog said:

Oh I think Malloy gets more time...because he's right handed and they have nothing from that side of the plate with Tork down.

I think this is possible just because if he can’t make the transition now, there  is no remaining point for him at AAA either. 

1 minute ago, casimir said:

Baddoo not PHing for Urshela vs a RHP at this point in the game is kind of indicative of Baddoo’s future with the Tigers.

He looked awful flailing away last night when he pinch hit.

3 minutes ago, kdog said:

They are one inning away from a one run offensive output...which would put them at 3 total runs in 4 losses..game 1 in Houston was a shutout.

It would be the 6th time in 12 games they scored 1 run or less. 

• Like 1

I know the front office doesn't care about results...but this is really an embarassing offensive product. I don't care about how long Harris has been around or Ilitch sitting in the stands. Someone let the product rot to this point...and they can't do anything to fix it.

Just now, kdog said:

I know the front office doesn't care about results...but this is really an embarassing offensive product. I don't care about how long Harris has been around or Ilitch sitting in the stands. Someone let the product rot to this point...and they can't do anything to fix it.

They're wasting good pitching. 

• Thanks 1

They need to try something different at the plate. Granted they have so many holes they're not gonna score a bunch of runs regularly but too many things need to go right for them to bunch together runs with the approach they have.

To me when you have a team like ours your better off just hacking away and hoping you run into a few. Trying to score runs by stringing together a bunch of singles and walks with a bunch of sub par OBP guys that don't steal bases is just asking for trouble.  

26 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

They need to try something different at the plate. Granted they have so many holes they're not gonna score a bunch of runs regularly but too many things need to go right for them to bunch together runs with the approach they have.

To me when you have a team like ours your better off just hacking away and hoping you run into a few. Trying to score runs by stringing together a bunch of singles and walks with a bunch of sub par OBP guys that don't steal bases is just asking for trouble.  

they're #1 in triples. Maybe they should get the best triple guys and lead the league in triples and sac flies, Harris will have something to brag about.

1 hour ago, RandyMarsh said:

It would be the 6th time in 12 games they scored 1 run or less. 

Down goes Carpenter down goes whatever meager offense they had.  Not a coincidence that last year’s 9 game losing coincided with the absence of both Green and Carpenter. 

55 minutes ago, kdog said:

He always complements the opposing pitcher like he's vintage Verlander.

note Hinch talking about a pitcher making it hard for the Tigers because he didn't do what they thought he would. Maybe think about working harder at just recognizing what is actually being thrown at you and spend less energy trying to outguess what a guy whose team can also read scouting reports is going to do.

Edited by gehringer_2

Move Keith to first base,,not sure how but just concede he can not play second base and move Jung back to second base in AAA since he can't play third, demote Badoo for Meadows and and move Riley back to LF and put Verling in RF, let Ibanez play second every day and Urshela 3B every day. Trade Canha, Flahtery and Kelly for best return possible aiming for third baseman if possible. Move Holten into the rotation and bring up Manning to pitch out of the bullpen. Give Malloy another 129 ABS at DH. Cut McKinstry.