6/21/24 6:40PM White Sox @ Tigers

10 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

That T-mobile ad with the guys from Suits is the #1 stupidest commercial on TV. It took the lead over the totally irritating Burger King commercials. 

Speaking of, did Uncle Terry get fired?  I don’t miss those awful commercials.

8 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

This is one of those few instances where two runs is enough. It’s going to be frightening when we play the Phillies. 

It'll be hard to watch. The Phillies have the best record in MLB. But it's baseball...we'll prolly sweep them...lol

• Like 1

It’s 9:41 pm and I went to the game. Took a detour home up Cass to see if a bar i liked was open.  Got home. And typing this.  Not a fan of the 6:40 games. It was broad daylight walking out of the game. The fireworks, which were cancelled would have been let off when it’s not dark out. 

46 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Jason did another pop reference and it went right over Petrys head. He said there was "a gathering of angels" over the Tigers head. Come Sail Away by Styx.

I would guess Petry is a country & western guy, not a 70's rock guy... just a WAG.

52 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Jason did another pop reference and it went right over Petrys head. He said there was "a gathering of angels" over the Tigers head. Come Sail Away by Styx.

Petry is definitely more the Jimmy Buffet type.

Edited by gehringer_2

11 hours ago, Sports_Freak said:

Super weird because Come Sail Away came out when Petry was 19, and Benetti was not even close to being born. It would be like me making a joke about Kitty Kallen and “Little Things Mean a Lot”, and **** Tracewski draws a blank.

12 hours ago, Sports_Freak said:

That T-mobile ad with the guys from Suits is the #1 stupidest commercial on TV. It took the lead over the totally irritating Burger King commercials. 

Are you sure it isn't the Jardience lady talking about the little pill with the big story to tell.  Are they to have us believe, suspending all logic to the contrary, that they have a pill that can tell stories?

23 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Super weird because Come Sail Away came out when Petry was 19, and Benetti was not even close to being born. It would be like me making a joke about Kitty Kallen and “Little Things Mean a Lot”, and **** Tracewski draws a blank.

I've spent the last dozen years with 19 yr olds, most of them listened to old music.  Granted a narrow cohort, but the kind of cohort Jason would be in.

1 minute ago, chasfh said:

Ah, Melissa. Perfect, perfect Melissa.

image.png.9552d1eb71ddb751e57406c701599d49.png

I’m wondering whether her public career has taken a downturn. Even her French Wikipedia page has almost nothing about her since 2018.

I'll wager that pic has been retouched, but it still works.

11 hours ago, oblong said:

It’s 9:41 pm and I went to the game. Took a detour home up Cass to see if a bar i liked was open.  Got home. And typing this.  Not a fan of the 6:40 games. It was broad daylight walking out of the game. The fireworks, which were cancelled would have been let off when it’s not dark out. 

Was the bar open? If not, I don’t think it’s a bar after all.

1 hour ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Was the bar open? If not, I don’t think it’s a bar after all.

It was.  I was thinking about the future. I only went there once after a game but it was for music so I wanted to see if it was a regular bar bar or a “only open when music” kind of bar.  In the Woodbridge area by Trumbull and 94.  

• Like 1