6/22/24 1:10PM White Sox @ Tigers

38 minutes ago, chasfh said:

The other thing with Flaherty specifically is the health question. He had a back thing earlier this year and a rash of shoulder injuries from a couple years ago. I don't think any team is going to pull the trigger until as close to July 30 as they can get.

I don't think the Tigers are going to be offered a bag of balls for Flaherty unless the entire seller's side of the trade market collapses, which I don't even know how that happens because there will be more buyers than sellers. (There is even some question about whether the Tigers will be buyers.) And even if by some weird reason the market were to collpase, I bet 10 to 1 that Harris would hang onto Flaherty versus accepting a bag of balls. This will not be a salary dump mandate like Verlander was. Flaherty would be the #2 SP on the market, so if we don't get solid offers for him, then no one is getting solid offers for anyone.

That’s a good point about his back.  Provided good health, I am not worried about what the floor of a deal could be inasmuch as considering what the ceiling could be.