6/23/24 1:40 PM White Sox @ Tigers

IdahoBert

25 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

My driveway is wet.      This game isn't being played.    Thank goodness..........

Just had ours redone.  It rained pretty good and no puddles remaining.  Nice to see that.

5 minutes ago, kdog said:

Manning pitched yesterday.  Montero pitched Friday.  Neither were good.  In fact, Manning’s not exactly endearing himself to the organization with his AAA work.

• Like 1

Oh goody McStinky is playing. I guess Kreidler's 20 AB's is enough for Hinch to evaluate but he still sees upside to the "golden switch hitter".

And I am not saying Kreidler looks promising but if we are evaluating this year then shouldn't he play more than platooning against the rare lefty especially since we know FOR SURE McKinstry stinks ?

1 hour ago, SoCalTiger said:

Oh goody McStinky is playing. I guess Kreidler's 20 AB's is enough for Hinch to evaluate but he still sees upside to the "golden switch hitter".

And I am not saying Kreidler looks promising but if we are evaluating this year then shouldn't he play more than platooning against the rare lefty especially since we know FOR SURE McKinstry stinks ?

If you strictly platoon young players out of the gate, you guarantee the inability to hit same side pitching will be a self-fulfilling prophecy. I am mildly surprised that a team supposedly committed to development would take such a short term gain at the risk of long term loss approach. But if you follow the numbers to win today, that's where you end up.

Edited by gehringer_2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, casimir said:

Manning pitched yesterday.  Montero pitched Friday.  Neither were good.  In fact, Manning’s not exactly endearing himself to the organization with his AAA work.

Almost as if he's not a good pitcher ...

4 hours ago, Toddwert said:

they lost yesterday so I dont think they are wearing them today

I am tempted to root against them when they wear those things.

Honestly, I am not against the jerseys so much, although I have always disliked dark pants to match the jersey, which makes them look like pajamas. But those hats? It's almost as though there had a deadline to meet, and 15 minutes before the presentation, someone from the design agency who got the job says, "holy sh*t, we forgot the hat!" And they draw up a quick hat design and the team leader says, "Make the Detroit in italics and tell them it's like racing or something". And they sold it through because Asia Gholston was paying more attention to TikToks during the presentation, and she waved her hand and said "fine, whatever."