6/26/24 1:10 PM Phillies @ Tigers

IdahoBert

The above is an imaginary photo I assembled of a fictitious game that was never played in Detroit featuring Ty Cobb and the Phillies Grover Cleveland Alexander. I assumed we were going to be destroyed by the Phillies and had a really negative whiny crybaby photo already assembled for the third game of the series so I had to change gears and do something positive. You’re welcome. Just so you know what a whiny crybaby I can be I will show you the photo I did assemble. I don’t think I’m alone in being whiny because we do a lot of of that around here. 
IMG_5312.thumb.jpeg.2a74fcb0a65aaa4d49ca1a1c49019481.jpeg

The Tigers got their one win.  I think that constitutes as a success.

They've won 1 series out of their last 5.  Besides.  I think you are going to see a lot of winning 1 game in the series for the rest of the year.

When Maeda is on the mound, it's just like waving the white flag before the game begins.  With Mize, the Tigers need to score at least 5 to have a shot.  It's tough to win a series hen 40% of your staff has trouble keeping the other tram from scoring.

Edited by tiger2022

12 hours ago, Tenacious D said:

Bert, tell us again what it was like seeing Cobb play?

A little bit before my time, but the first person to open the Twin Falls, Idaho Coca-Cola distributorship was one of Cobb’s sons. Twin Falls is famous for being the place where Evel Knievel tried to jump the Snake River Canyon. I didn’t see that either, but I didn’t care to travel from Lafayette, Indiana to see it. I struck up a conversation with a former Idaho state trooper at a Holiday Inn Express once and he was on the policing detail at the Snake River Canyon event, and he said it was the worst day of his life. 

Just now, oblong said:

Refresh my memory.  Why is this a bullpen game?  Lots of Phillies fans here today. 

Montero called up to pitch the bulk of the innings to give the starters an extra day of rest with a three city trip starting tomorrow.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, romad1 said:

weird pitch clock violation.  Dan and Andy talking about how Philly does a lot of bush league stuff (they did not use that word) to get this sort of thing to happen. 

Jason and Dan commented on it as well but it's up to Perez to be ready and attentive to the pitcher by 8 seconds. It doesn't matter that Turnbull had his back turned. The pitcher can do cartwheels if he wants, as long as he starts his delivery by 1 second. 

This happened earlier in the season. I forget who it was. Maybe Perez wasn't on the team at that point but all batters should be aware they have to be ready. Doesn't matter what the pitcher is doing.