Sad News: Walter Partlo Passed Away

I just learned on facebook that Walter Partlo passed away yesterday.  This is really sad and shocking to anyone who knew him.  He was still young and seemingly vibrant and I believe it was totally unexpected.  For those who didn't know him, he was a long time poster here.  He had quite a life - Marines, PhD, professor, good family man and all around great guy.  

Edited by Tiger337
  • Sad 5

• Tiger337 changed the title to Sad News: Walter Partlo Passed Away

thanks for sharing.  I knew of it but didn't get a chance to do this.  I learned of his situation a few days ago but didn't think it was yet proper to announce anything.  He had a medical emergency and was unresponsive so I think the family was deciding on the best way to proceed.  I found out via facebook today what the result was.  His username for us was Walt.  Very sad.  He was a valuable member of our community.  I always paid attention to what he wrote as it was top quality and he was a good family man.  God Bless him and his family and friends.

There is a fund for the family for anybody interested in helping.  

https://www.spotfund.com/story/532e04a7-3b9a-46d0-8a27-6095485004f0?created=true&fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR38Kc0KHamFn5CVuyEctdjLhOIM-a4q3Kob-oviUXB-FQkHmCVAa0np3xw_aem_x9nodAhX2XWmth7LroldAw&referral_id=dce7ce10-e410-4e22-a21c-a5f03a360a9d

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tiger337 said:

I just learned on facebook that Walter Partlo passed away yesterday.  This is really sad and shocking to anyone who knew him.  He was still young and seemingly vibrant and I believe it was totally unexpected.  For those who didn't know him, he was a long time poster here.  He had quite a life - Marines, PhD, professor, good family man and all around great guy.  

A few of us here have still been in touch with Walt via computer sim baseball.  The league is still in a great deal of shock.  I think its safe to say it was completely out of the blue.  I had intended to pass along an obit when it was available.  I know it'd been a while since he was around here, but I figured some of you might remember him.  Somehow Yooper found out about it and informed he rest of us on Sunday.  I think we still had some blind hope that he'd recover and then blast us for getting all sappy about him.  Unfortunately that wasn't to be.

It's especially heartbreaking to think of how he was found.  Bless his daughter for trying to save him.  I hope she gets all of the help she needs to deal with that trauma.

Edited by casimir
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 6/28/2024 at 11:22 AM, Tiger337 said:

Walt was part of his username.  I thought there was more to his username, but I am not sure.  

I may be wrong, but I think he was just Walt here, but Walt was just part of his username over on MTS.  I just tried to confirm but either can't find out how or this site doesn't have that option like the old one.  I saw a facebook post indicating someone from an OOTP league passed away, but no name, regardless I felt horrible.  He was a solid guy with a young family.  Last thing he did was have his organs donated, saving and improving the lives or countless others.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

I may be wrong, but I think he was just Walt here, but Walt was just part of his username over on MTS.  I just tried to confirm but either can't find out how or this site doesn't have that option like the old one.  I saw a facebook post indicating someone from an OOTP league passed away, but no name, regardless I felt horrible.  He was a solid guy with a young family.  Last thing he did was have his organs donated, saving and improving the lives or countless others.

If you hit the magnifying glass search, type Walt and switch "Content Search" to "Member Search" you can find his profile and posts.

Walt was in Massachusetts for a conference a couple of years ago.  He contacted me for a potential meeting, but he wasn't there very long and we couldn't schedule anything.  Wish I had met him.    

• Like 1

Walt was a good friend. There isn’t much I can add that has not already been said. He was incredibly smart and a great family man. He loved being a Marine. He was straight and to the point and so funny. He packed a lot into his tragically short life. I miss him a lot.

• Like 1

On 7/2/2024 at 8:22 PM, Tigermojo said:

If you hit the magnifying glass search, type Walt and switch "Content Search" to "Member Search" you can find his profile and posts.

lol, just did this and Walt's first-ever post on the then-new MTF site was, "What, there's no political forum?"

Walt seemed like a good guy. I was Facebook friends with him for quite a few years when his kids were really young. He lived in Minnesota, I believe. For some reason I vaguely recall him posting on the Red Wings section of Motownsports.com, but I can't clearly remember. I think his username was just "Walt", maybe a couple of digits behind it, but I think that's it.

Edited by lordstanley

18 hours ago, chasfh said:

lol, just did this and Walt's first-ever post on the then-new MTF site was, "What, there's no political forum?"

Always good with the sarcasm.  I enjoyed a lot of that banter.

Edited by casimir