6/30/24 10:07PM Tigers @Angels

50 minutes ago, 1776 said:

Better yet, if Tigeraholic can bring this season to a close sooner by advancing the dates, I’m good with that. 

Nah, not yet.  This might not be a playoff team, but I’m not punting on the baseball season quite yet.

We should run an Over/Under in EVERY Game thread for the inning of the Tigers 1st hit. Or the batter (even more tricky as they could get a couple BB's and still not have any hits...).

Is it another rookie? 6th inning.

Or... let me make this 1984 LIVES!!! Official:

Opposing Pitcher: RHP Griffin Canning (NOT a rookie), 4.72 ERA, 1.33 WHIP.

Over/Under Inning Tigers get 1st hit: 3rd inning. (IE: My guess: 1st. I'm guessing the lineup is Perez-Keith-Greene-etc... and one of them will actually get a hit in the 1st...).

Over/Under number of Tigers batters BEFORE they get their 1st hit: 9

32 minutes ago, kdog said:

Looks like Meadows will be back in the Minnesota series...for whatever it's worth.

It's worth something.  They need to know if he learned anything and whether he is part of their future.  They came into the season with three young players with something to prove (Tork, Keith, meadows) and so far they have proved little.  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, kdog said:

Looks like Meadows will be back in the Minnesota series...for whatever it's worth.

He’ll provide defense at the very least.  Hopefully the bat plays this time.  The problem is what should be expected of him won’t make up for the other offensive deficiencies.  But if he can hit towards reasonable expectations for him, at that’s a positive for the team.

25 minutes ago, kdog said:

The hard part in this is that he's not going to see consistent enough breaking balls at AAA that he has to swing at many so it could take a long time for him to see enough to do him much good. In the last week or so I've been watching the pitch-by-pitch on his ABs and he has hit a few curves and changes well, no sliders that I remember though......

Edited by gehringer_2