NBA Info - July 2024

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Deleterious said:

There are rumors that Brunson is about to sign a 4/$158M extension. He would be eligible for a 5/$278M deal if he hit free agency next summer. 

That is a huge discount if true.

That has to be fake news, there's no way Brunson is taking THAT big of a discount especially after being vastly underpaid under his current deal. The NBAPA would have a fit if he signed for that cheap.

Edited by NYLion

1 hour ago, NYLion said:

That has to be fake news, there's no way Brunson is taking THAT big of a discount especially after being vastly underpaid under his current deal. The NBAPA would have a fit if he signed for that cheap.

1 minute ago, NYLion said:

I'm shocked. I wonder what the PA thinks about this. Cade is getting substantially more than Brunson which is just plain wrong.

It is wrong.  But if Brunson is happy with it, let him be happy with it.

I think I'm changing my mind on the Brunson extension. 

He didn't give New York a discount. He signed the maximum extension available to him right now. 

He chose security over a larger dollar amount later on. But waiting a year comes with the risk of being injured and possibly not having that contract available to him. 

As far as the union having an issue with it. They can STFU unless they were willing to give him $150M if he sustained an injury.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

I think I'm changing my mind on the Brunson extension. 

He didn't give New York a discount. He signed the maximum extension available to him right now. 

He chose security over a larger dollar amount later on. But waiting a year comes with the risk of being injured and possibly not having that contract available to him. 

As far as the union having an issue with it. They can STFU unless they were willing to give him $150M if he sustained an injury.

The salaries in the NBA now are truly mind boggling.  Hey, if it’s there, take it.  I don’t begrudge them for accepting.  I don’t think that’s the same as being critical of the contracts being offered out.

But I think the salaries that are being offered out come with the responsibility to be on the court on a nightly basis.  None of this load management crap with the exception of something like nagging injuries on back to backs as a minimum.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

The new WNBA media deal is slightly different than the NBA.

11 year deal for $2.2B total. Just $74B short of the men for the same time frame.

reminds of that bill burr joke.  a bunch of women on sportscenter complaining about why women dont make as much as men, and all the men have to sit there and act stupid and say "i dont know..."

Article in Bloomberg today about expansion. They say a Vegas team could cost $7B all in including the cost of a new stadium. Expansion fee could approach $5B.

They also said LeBron could be part of a group that bids. Also, Red Bull is expected to bid. 

On 7/17/2024 at 1:06 AM, Deleterious said:

Work in progress. 

You go 0-14 and still have the balls to take #15.  I kinda like it.  

If that were a Piston I'm sure JEIII's write up would be about how all the misses were tough luck and that he was "active" all game making an impact despite his bad luck misses. 

• Like 1