6/30/24 4:07PM Tigers @ Angels

3 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

How much is it going to cost us to give away Shelby Miller before the deadline?

Trying to get that games finished clause to kick in his contract. 

And he gives up a three run bomb.

I sure am glad I was re-watching a Star Trek: Strange New Worlds episode for the second time instead of listening to this game. Something truly unspeakable happens in that episode. The problem is that this game was real. 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, kdog said:

That guy can't pitch another inning for this team. I know we have no answers for hitting but DFA him tonight...he has nothing.

In all seriousnessn, I think a good exemption to the three batter rule would allowance to immediately remove any pitcher that hits someone in the head. 

Edited by gehringer_2

4 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I saw it was 7-1 and I went and lived my life and this morning I see that they almost blew it?   Wow, even when they win they suck. 

Shelby Miller has become so radioactive I'm surprised we're not seeing a blue aura around him when he take the mound.

15 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

How much is it going to cost us to give away Shelby Miller before the deadline?

Its weird.  I think most folks would take a WHIP of around 1.00 and a SO/BB of 3.57 from a RP.  But, much like the bullpen in general, he has fallen apart after April.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I saw it was 7-1 and I went and lived my life and this morning I see that they almost blew it?   Wow, even when they win they suck. 

Baseball is life.  The rest is just details.

Shelby did have a solid eight-game stretch from May 11 to June 25, giving up only two earned in 8-2/3 with eight strikeouts and no walks and a .115/.138/.308 slash against. Of course that was also buoyed by a .105 BABIP, but he did have a FIP 3.16 and xFIP of 3.32, so, not chopped liver.

In the two game since he has collapsed, and to G's point, I'm wondering how much clocking a guy in the side of his helmet and putting him out of the game got into Shelby's head in yesterday's outing.

I think I'd be surprised to see him DFA'ed today, although his Savant card is pretty blue, meaning he doesn't have much underlying strength in his pitching, so I guess it wouldn't floor me.

1 hour ago, chasfh said:

Shelby did have a solid eight-game stretch from May 11 to June 25, giving up only two earned in 8-2/3 with eight strikeouts and no walks and a .115/.138/.308 slash against. Of course that was also buoyed by a .105 BABIP, but he did have a FIP 3.16 and xFIP of 3.32, so, not chopped liver.

In the two game since he has collapsed, and to G's point, I'm wondering how much clocking a guy in the side of his helmet and putting him out of the game got into Shelby's head in yesterday's outing.

I think I'd be surprised to see him DFA'ed today, although his Savant card is pretty blue, meaning he doesn't have much underlying strength in his pitching, so I guess it wouldn't floor me.

The options at Toledo are Englert, Wingenter, et al...so yeah. Another problem is that every other guy in the bullpen has had a disastrous outing within the past few weeks(aside from maybe Foley). So it's a bunch of bad choices.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, kdog said:

The options at Toledo are Englert, Wingenter, et al...so yeah. Another problem is that every other guy in the bullpen has had a disastrous outing within the past few weeks(aside from maybe Foley). So it's a bunch of bad choices.

I don't think of it as a bunch of bad choices as much as it's been a decent bullpen that's gotten roughed up as of late, and also in which everyone in it has had bad stretches. We are disappointed in the Tigers this year, so the bad times really stand out to us.