7/4/24 1:10PM Tigers @ Twins

9 minutes ago, Dtrain72 said:

It's a good test of whether Harris is an arrogant fool or not...if Scott doesnt drop Maeda asap and just keeps him floundering on this team because HE signed him for two years, then Scott is a flaming diaper fire of a GM.

Agreed. There's no defending Harris if Maeda isn't sent to the bullpen. Bring up Manning to take his spot. Could Matt do any worse? Remember the good ole days when players had to make the team with their performance and weren't handed a spot because of their guaranteed contracts?

19 minutes ago, Tigermojo said:

Maybe he'll be good next year? Him and Tork.

I hear he's good starting in June....errr...after the All Star break. Fans just need patience....jeez...we just won yesterday. What fun would it be if we won every day? Pretty boring...

23 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Agreed. There's no defending Harris if Maeda isn't sent to the bullpen. Bring up Manning to take his spot. Could Matt do any worse? Remember the good ole days when players had to make the team with their performance and weren't handed a spot because of their guaranteed contracts?

Of course he can. But sure, let’s call him up, because why not? Then we can call Scott Harris a steaming pile of diaper poop for not dropping Manning asap. Can’t deprive the fans of that opportunity. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Of course he can. But sure, let’s call him up, because why not? Then we can call Scott Harris a steaming pile of diaper poop for not dropping Manning asap. Can’t deprive the fans of that opportunity. 

Nah, Manning is Avila's guy, cant blame Scott for him...but yes, Scott would indeed be a steaming pile of diaper poop of a GM if he's too stubborn/arrogant to not launch Maeda out of cannon 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

Wow, this is a classic beat down. Glad I didn’t organize my day around this game. I’ve been getting up early to watch the Tour de France, which forces me to take a nap to make up for early rising, and I only just now awoke to this score. Ouch!

6 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Has Manning ever even had as bad if a day as today? Maeda was given a 2 year contract by Harris. This should tell us what kind of a GM Harris is. But sure, forget Manning because he may not do as good as our worst starting pitcher. The bar is set very, very low.

3 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Has Manning ever even had as bad if a day as today? Maeda was given a 2 year contract by Harris. This should tell us what kind of a GM Harris is. But sure, forget Manning because he may not do as good as our worst starting pitcher. The bar is set very, very low.

Yes, almost exactly.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/CLE/CLE202106280.shtml

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

He did 12 days ago in AAA.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Look, I sympathize with the desire for Scott Harris to do something, anything and throw whatever he can at the wall to make things better. But we don't have a magic bullet we know that will. Maeda is going to keep getting chances, not only because he was signed to "big money", but also because he has a track record of doing well in the majors, and they're going to give him more time than they would a Quadruple-A journeyman to get it right. I promise you he's not getting  cut this year, and I think he would have to have an actual collapse—meaning several more consecutive games of very crooked numbers given up—for him to simply get released in the offseason. If nothing else, we need him to eat innings for the rest of the year.

1 minute ago, Sports_Freak said:

So...3 years ago. This makes my point, you have to go back 3 years to see him do so poorly? Probably a rookie. I'm glad to see the Tigers #5 starting pitcher has improved so much. SMH...

Well, you did explicitly set the bar at "ever". I just cleared it.

OK, how's this instead, from a couple weeks ago?

https://www.milb.com/gameday/mud-hens-vs-saints/2024/06/22/752379/final/box

h/t @Edman85

2 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Well, you did explicitly set the bar at "ever". I just cleared it.

OK, how's this instead, from a couple weeks ago?

https://www.milb.com/gameday/mud-hens-vs-saints/2024/06/22/752379/final/box

h/t @Edman85

OK...so just keep throwing him out there. Who cares if we lose, it's an "evaluation" year anyway. No reason to...try to win. We all need to just keep supporting the team, buy tickets and all of their overpriced merchandise....lmao

7 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

OK...so just keep throwing him out there. Who cares if we lose, it's an "evaluation" year anyway. No reason to...try to win. We all need to just keep supporting the team, buy tickets and all of their overpriced merchandise....lmao

I mean you are right? You are watching the games giving them revenue through watching ads etc. 

5 minutes ago, LongLiveMaroth said:

I mean you are right? You are watching the games giving them revenue through watching ads etc. 

I tuned in when it was 5-3. Our struggling pitcher imploded and I left the room after turning it off. Keep it close and I would have kept it on. But yeah, it doesn't matter. If the Tiger management doesn't care, why should the fans? Football training camp starts in a few weeks...the Tigers will be relegated to "who cares" status.

1 minute ago, Sports_Freak said:

I tuned in when it was 5-3. Our struggling pitcher imploded and I left the room after turning it off. Keep it close and I would have kept it on. But yeah, it doesn't matter. If the Tiger management doesn't care, why should the fans? Football training camp starts in a few weeks...the Tigers will be relegated to "who cares" status.

Aside from the die hards, they are in who cares mode already.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Look, I sympathize with the desire for Scott Harris to do something, anything and throw whatever he can at the wall to make things better. But we don't have a magic bullet we know that will. Maeda is going to keep getting chances, not only because he was signed to "big money", but also because he has a track record of doing well in the majors, and they're going to give him more time than they would a Quadruple-A journeyman to get it right. I promise you he's not getting  cut this year, and I think he would have to have an actual collapse—meaning several more consecutive games of very crooked numbers given up—for him to simply get released in the offseason. If nothing else, we need him to eat innings for the rest of the year.

Looking at game logs, he’s gotten into the 6th inning two times in his last 10 starts. I’m not sure he can eat innings. 

• Thanks 1