7/5/24 7:10PM Tigers @ Reds

Reese Olson is 2-8, a winning percentage of .200, with a 3.32 ERA, which works out to an ERA+ of 125, which is 25% better than league average ERA when adjusting for park effects and era.

The last qualified pitcher to fashion a .200 or lower winning percentage with an ERA+ that 25% better than league average was ... drumroll, please ...

Nobody.

Eight of the top ten occurred before 1905. And—you will enjoy this—one of the top ten was Shelby Miller, who was 6-17 with a 3.02 ERA in 2015. So maybe he can sherpa Reese through this difficult period.

https://stathead.com/tiny/47eSh

image.thumb.png.217056bf60cbe6d1d470a224b5cc708b.png

Posted (edited)

I am up here in Traverse City for a few days, was up at the family cabin in the UP near Munising the last 5 days, came down to Traverse for the 4th and 5th, heading back to Cleveland tomorrow. Looking forward to watching this game at some kind of a casual establishment tonight during dinner. Love (the state - not the  wolverines can go to hell!) Michigan, just didn’t become a tigers fan when I was a kid ha. 

Anyways, good luck this weekend, tigers fans. I’m glad this place is still kicking, and glad I can still stop in to say hi every once in awhile. The Reds are coming off a sweep in Yankee stadium so im sure they are going to get swept this weekend at Comerica. 

Edited by RedTeamGo!
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, RedTeamGo! said:

I am up here in Traverse City for a few days, was up at the family cabin in the UP near Munising the last 5 days, came down to Traverse for the 4th and 5th, heading back to Cleveland tomorrow. Looking forward to watching this game at some kind of a casual establishment tonight during dinner. Love (the state - not the  wolverines can go to hell!) Michigan, just didn’t become a tigers fan when I was a kid ha. 

Anyways, good luck this weekend, tigers fans. I’m glad this place is still kicking, and glad I can still stop in to say hi every once in awhile. The Reds are coming off a sweep in Yankee stadium so im sure they are going to get swept this weekend at Comerica. 

Enjoy the Cherry Festival!

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Shades of Deivi Cruz said:

I assume this means Baddoo is getting the boot? My son is wearing his jersey to the game tonight. LOL!

Baddoo getting the boot is certainly not a surprise.  Nor will you get any argument from me.  It would be addition by subtraction.   But, he has been gone before and he keeps showing back up in the Tigers' lineup.  Gosh, our management are slow learners.  

Until Keider Montero’s victory against the Twins on Wednesday, who was the last Venezuelan-born rookie starter to come up through the Tigers' system and win a start for Detroit?

A. Jose Alvarez 
B. Jair Jurrjens 
C. Wil Ledezma 
D. Felipe Lira 

52 minutes ago, Tenacious D said:

If Parker is right, he does change the game with his speed and defense.  Hope we get this version.

He did post 99 OPS+ in his first stint with the Tigers. If he could bounce around the 100 OPS+ mark over the next few years he will be a very valuable player for the Tigers. 

22 minutes ago, kdog said:

Until Keider Montero’s victory against the Twins on Wednesday, who was the last Venezuelan-born rookie starter to come up through the Tigers' system and win a start for Detroit?

A. Jose Alvarez 
B. Jair Jurrjens 
C. Wil Ledezma 
D. Felipe Lira 

Without checking - Ledezma?

3 hours ago, RedTeamGo! said:

Uhhh...this series in in Cincinnati

6 minutes ago, casimir said:

Shouldn't be Ledezma.  He was a rule 5 pick.  He didn't come up from the Tiger farm.

Yup I totally forgot he was one of the many rule 5 guys on the 2003 team. I just remembered he had a great season at Erie in 2004 and thinking he was going to take the Tigers all the way along with Kyle Skeeth. 

41 minutes ago, kdog said:

Baddoo was sent out for Meadows.

spacer.png

Switch Ibanez for Urshela and I like this lineup. Urshela and Canha have been awful offensively for awhile now. I'm not really hopeful of getting anything for either of them by the deadline.

• Thanks 1