7/6/24 4:10PM Tigers @ Reds

23 minutes ago, casimir said:

Those release points are interesting.

what isn't shown it the FB release vs this other pitches. If the change moved the FB release closer to his other pitches, that could be a big deal in itself.  Difference in release point is one way batters pick up what is coming so being able to throw all your pitchers from the same "key hole" as Jim would say, makes you more effective across the board.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

what isn't shown it the FB release vs this other pitches. If the change moved the FB release closer to his other pitches, that could be a big deal in itself.  Difference in release point is one way batters pick up what is coming so being able to throw all your pitchers from the same "key hole" as Jim would say, makes you more effective across the board.

That's a good point.

Another variable that popped into my mind was the variance between three mounds and how that release point height could be affected.  My guess is that noise is taken out of it, but I'm a hack, I don't know.  Or, how does the distance to the batter upon release come into play?

1 hour ago, kdog said:

With Meadows, he just has to make more contact. Hitting .200 is fine.

.200-.220 with around 20 HRs is a reasonable best case outcome, and combined with his defense in CF that would be a damn good player.

2 hours ago, kdog said:

With Meadows, he just has to make more contact. Hitting .200 is fine.

Him and Tork are really needed in this lineup. Parker should have been leading off and creating havoc on the bases. Tork hitting Tork bombs. And Colt took a couple of months to get used to ML pitching. This Tiger team may surprise some folks after the ASB. And next season....

26 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Him and Tork are really needed in this lineup. Parker should have been leading off and creating havoc on the bases. Tork hitting Tork bombs. And Colt took a couple of months to get used to ML pitching. This Tiger team may surprise some folks after the ASB. And next season....

Hard to create havoc on the bases when not on the bases.

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Tigermojo said:

Hinch drives me nuts. Keith and Greene have a huge game, let's put perpetual slump Canha between them. Let's bat .285 OBP Vierling first because sometimes he's hot for three weeks (but not recently).

Vierling is one of our 3 best hitter over the course of the season. Hitting him leadoff is reasonable given the lack of quality hitters.

Edited by TigerNation

9 minutes ago, TigerNation said:

Vierling is one of our 3 best hitter over the course of the season. Hitting him leadoff is reasonable given the lack of quality hitters.

He has been one of their best power hitters but there are multiple guys who have been better at getting on base.

25 minutes ago, casimir said:

Hard to create havoc on the bases when not on the bases.

But the idea was for him TO get on base. And for Tork to be an actual power hitting 1st baseman. Forget a young player struggling, sometimes they figure "it" out. I'm rooting for all these guys to start doing what was/is expected of them....