7/6/24 4:10PM Tigers @ Reds

46 minutes ago, SoCalTiger said:

Wendell is a nice surprise. He seems to be trending back up after looking like he was fading out. Nice. 

Yup. OPS for his 2nd hundred PA dropped to ~500 but he has rebounded to more like 750 over his last 50.

I’ll be honest, I thought the alignment of Canha in RF, Vierling at 3B, and Urshela at 1B was odd.  I suppose a smaller OF would allow for Canha to have an easier area to defend.  But I guess I don’t see why they wouldn’t roll with Vierling in RF, Urshela at 3B, and Canha at 1B.  Has Canha been that bad at 1B?  I don’t think he has, but I’m a hack, so maybe I’m missing something.

1 minute ago, casimir said:

I’ll be honest, I thought the alignment of Canha in RF, Vierling at 3B, and Urshela at 1B was odd.  I suppose a smaller OF would allow for Canha to have an easier area to defend.  But I guess I don’t see why they wouldn’t roll with Vierling in RF, Urshela at 3B, and Canha at 1B.  Has Canha been that bad at 1B?  I don’t think he has, but I’m a hack, so maybe I’m missing something.

They were talking about giving him a break at first because it can be a busy position for someone not used to it.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sports_Freak said:

Who to pitch? You can't let Miller continue, can you?

He definitely has had issues lately.  And then the long break while the Tigers sent 9 or 10 guys to the plate in their half inning.  I was afraid he’d come out in the 8th slopping things up right out of the gate.

Give the Tigers pitching and management thereof some credit.  They got through a bullpen game allowing only 3 and had to trust a few unlikely sources a bit more than they should have, athough in a bullpen game you kind of have to.

2 hours ago, casimir said:

He definitely has had issues lately.  And then the long break while the Tigers sent 9 or 10 guys to the plate in their half inning.  I was afraid he’d come out in the 8th slopping things up right out of the gate.

Give the Tigers pitching and management thereof some credit.  They got through a bullpen game allowing only 3 and had to trust a few unlikely sources a bit more than they should have, athough in a bullpen game you kind of have to.

Yeah, it was more luck. Can you imagine Cincy fans? Tigers throwing garbage pitchers at them and they make them all look like Cy Young. 😅😅

2 hours ago, Sports_Freak said:

Yeah, it was more luck. Can you imagine Cincy fans? Tigers throwing garbage pitchers at them and they make them all look like Cy Young. 😅😅

We are used to it at this point. The lineup is putrid, trotting out the likes of Stu Fairchild, Will Benson, Santiago Espinal, Blake Dunn, Nick Martini, etc. The ownership group is awful.