7/7/24 1:40PM Tigers @ Reds

2 hours ago, Tenacious D said:

Buyers? 🤣

I don't think they'd be trading for what will mostly be available at the deadline: pending FA's.

I think if Harris decides to do some kind of strategic trade it'll be over the offseason. And add someone with a few years of control remaining at least...

2 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

I don't think they'd be trading for what will mostly be available at the deadline: pending FA's.

I think if Harris decides to do some kind of strategic trade it'll be over the offseason. And add someone with a few years of control remaining at least...

To add further context to that...

Does anyone think that Harris has reviewed what he has, enough to make some decisions?

IE: If he's looking at Tork, Malloy, and/or Jung... is he willing to make an offseason decision on one or two of them?

What about Mize, Manning, Madden, etc...?

Anyone else Harris should think about trading?

I'm not going to speculate on return.

Just on whether Harris would/should be ready to makes some moves...

2 hours ago, kdog said:

Brutal luck on Meadows…looks like a hamstring. Hinch said it didn’t sound good based on the initial diagnosis. Just as he was about to show some growth, it gets stunted.

The only optimistic thing about it is that part of his inaction will be over the all star break.  Can they bring Baddoo back if Meadows goes to the injured list?

1 minute ago, casimir said:

The only optimistic thing about it is that part of his inaction will be over the all star break.  Can they bring Baddoo back if Meadows goes to the injured list?

Yes - I the 10 day rule is waived if the call-up replaces a player going to the IL

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 1984Echoes said:

To add further context to that...

Does anyone think that Harris has reviewed what he has, enough to make some decisions?

IE: If he's looking at Tork, Malloy, and/or Jung... is he willing to make an offseason decision on one or two of them?

What about Mize, Manning, Madden, etc...?

Anyone else Harris should think about trading?

I'm not going to speculate on return.

Just on whether Harris would/should be ready to makes some moves...

Montero seems to have jumped ahead of Manning.  Manning has had ample time.

Mize, I think, has been what could be expected given his return from injury.  I suppose he’s looked at more as back end of the rotation than front end.  Ok, fine, it’s disappointing given his draft slot, but can they make lemon shandy out of lemons.

They don’t seem comfortable with Malloy on defense.  24 games in the starting lineup, 21 as DH, 3 as an OF.  I’m not sure this team is in position to have a defenseless position player on the roster.

Torkelson hasn’t shown any progress, at least via stat line.  Whether or not he’s doing what has been asked of him is another story.

Jung has cut down on his SO%, which was definitely needed.  Don’t know about the defense.  I still wonder about Jung and Keith and whether they fit at 2B or 3B or 1B.

Attendance at these Reds games fell precipitously with each Tigers win:

Friday- 40,000 Sat- 31,000 Sun- 25,000

A team that was flying high after sweeping the Yankees in the Bronx was brought to its knees by the Tigers, crying and begging for mercy by the end of this series. “Please don’t hurts us!” they pleaded but to no avail. PHFFT! TIGERS WIN!

IMG_5884.thumb.jpeg.228a81214fcba4d940b0c852a6d15ad6.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, 1984Echoes said:

I don't want them to trade prospects for players on expiring contracts. If Harris decides to wait until the off-season to aquire players that will be around for a few seasons, I'm fine with it. And the next 7 games may be a reality check. Cleveland for 4 game and the Dodgers for 3.

• Like 1