7/9/24 6:40PM Guardians @ Tigers

He mentioned that their bullpen was overtaxed tonight...and they need to get Maeda right. The break comes at a good time. You can extend it out almost two weeks to see if he has anything left.

Edited by kdog

3 hours ago, IdahoBert said:

Saw numerous Komets games at the Colosseum when I was a kid. And my dad took me to see one of those games where the Pistons came back to town as they did I think once or twice a year for a few years after they moved to Detroit, and we sat directly behind the Celtics bench. 

I never knew that about the Pistons coming back to play a few games. My kids school is across the river. In the football stadium trophy case there is some old Zollner Pistons memorabilia. It is named Fred Zollner Stadium.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

I never knew that about the Pistons coming back to play a few games. My kids school is across the river. In the football stadium trophy case there is some old Zollner Pistons memorabilia. It is named Fred Zollner Stadium.

We had tickets directly behind the Celtics bench. Coming off the floor, Bill Russell shook his head and I was sprayed by his sweat which I now I see as a kind of strange sort of baptism by Greatness. My dad knew someone at the corporate office for Standard Oil in Detroit and I think he gave the tickets to my dad. He also got us tickets to the 5th game of the World Series in 1968.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, IdahoBert said:

We had tickets directly behind the Celtics bench. Coming off the floor, Bill Russell shook his head and I was sprayed by his sweat which I now I see as a kind of strange sort of baptism by Greatness. 

This explains your photoshop wizardry.

4 hours ago, IdahoBert said:

We had tickets directly behind the Celtics bench. Coming off the floor, Bill Russell shook his head and I was sprayed by his sweat which I now I see as a kind of strange sort of baptism by Greatness. My dad knew someone at the corporate office for Standard Oil in Detroit and I think he gave the tickets to my dad. He also got us tickets to the 5th game of the World Series in 1968.

What a fun time to have celebrity encounters!

14 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Kenta Maeda needs to step down and let Kamala Harris start.  

Just as an aside...

I did some splits analysis of Maeda prior to last night's game. But not as posted anywhere on ESPN stats or Baseball Reference or anything like that...

Call it Maeda the BAD and Maeda the GOOD splits:

Before last night, he had 7 "good" and 7 "bad" starts, which surprised me, I thought he had been worse than that. This indicates that he has been more "Up and Down" versus consistently crappy... I didn't realize he had been equally (start wise) good, as well as bad. (BEFORE last night that is). I defined "Good" as a regular "quality start", but I shifted one extra game onto the good side because it was 3 ER's in 5 2/3 Inn's and I thought: "Damn! Close enough". It does make his "good" starts a little bit less good but, again, close enough.

Maeda the GOOD has 7 starts (4/6, 4/13, 4/23, 5/1, 5/24, 6/11, 6/28) spread across 3 months and, I actually was also surprised that they went all the way back to April, and as recent as June 28th... In his GOOD 7 starts, he has pitched:

37 Inn's, 25 hits, 8 ER's, 9 BB's, 28 K's... that's a 1.95 ERA (!!!), a 0.92 WHIP (!!!), and a 3-1 K-BB ratio.

So.. Maeda the BAD must be REALLY BAD!!! ... Yep: 7 starts (3/30, 4/18, 5/7, 5/31, 6/16, 6/22, 7/4) spread across 3+ months... In his BAD 7 starts, he has pitched:

26 Inn's, 49 hits, 39 ER's, 13 BB's, 20 K's... that's a 13.50 ERA (!!!), a 2.38 WHIP (!!!), and a 1.5-1 K-BB ratio.

So he's either really, really good, or he's getting his ASS KICKED!!!

These numbers don't include last night's game...

So, a question: Since last night was a BAD start, his next start has to be...

A GOOD start, right? He's gotta keep that ratio stable... right?