7/10/24 6:40PM Guardians @ Tigers

3 hours ago, casimir said:

Crud, I forgot to put the tarp over the driveway when I left for work.

Surely technology must exist that would allow your home security system and tarp roll-out system to communicate with your phone so you could do this remotely. 

35 minutes ago, 1776 said:

Surely technology must exist that would allow your home security system and tarp roll-out system to communicate with your phone so you could do this remotely. 

Well, the driveway is new, but it doesn't have all of the bells and whistles.  I'd post a picture of it, but I've seen what you weisenheimers do with pictures of new purchases.

16 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

IDK - forecasts have been moving up the time the rain is expected to clear. Question might be if the OF is playable.

Yeah, it looks like there may be a window. But you're right, that was very heavy rain. Hopefully the field drains quickly. If not, I think they'll prolly call it early. I don't wanna waste an Olson start.

21 minutes ago, kdog said:

They didn't hold Matt Manning out last night...so he's not available. It shows you how little they think of him as an option.

It's not the first time this season they've not opted for Manning.  I know there was a theory about him in the bullpen if starting didn't work out, but I question that validity now.

26 minutes ago, kdog said:

They didn't hold Matt Manning out last night...so he's not available. It shows you how little they think of him as an option.

and he gave up three runs in 4 IP so he's not exactly found dominance at AAA yet.

2 hours ago, casimir said:

It's not the first time this season they've not opted for Manning.  I know there was a theory about him in the bullpen if starting didn't work out, but I question that validity now.

I think he's going to be traded. So....he'll win a Cy Young award....lol

54 minutes ago, Toddwert said:

I think Manning isnt doing what they want him to do and this is sending him a message

Send Maeda down to Toledo to "find his stuff." Why allow him to lose games every time he pitches? Just because he has a big contract? Let Manning take his spot in the rotation. Manning will probably be up here if/when we trade Flaherty anyway. Or is there some other Toledo/Erie SP ahead of Matt?

10 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Send Maeda down to Toledo to "find his stuff." Why allow him to lose games every time he pitches? Just because he has a big contract? Let Manning take his spot in the rotation. Manning will probably be up here if/when we trade Flaherty anyway. Or is there some other Toledo/Erie SP ahead of Matt?

Jackson Jobe? Ty Madden  Hurter I dont know Its not about wins and losses this season anyways they made it clear 

1 hour ago, Sports_Freak said:

There's a big if there, which is that as an 8 yr pro,  he would have to agree.

Edited by gehringer_2

So another game with McStinky. That one homer will get him playing every day. We also are featuring our best outfielder at third base, our best third baseman at first base, and our left fielder in center. All to get the lefty bats of Badoo and McStinky in the game despite their poor fielding matching their poor hitting. 
 And Hinch is revered for this strategy?