7/10/24 6:40PM Guardians @ Tigers

Just now, IdahoBert said:

What happened to the umpire I went into the other room and missed it. 

drilled on the back of the left hand by a foul ball. may well have broken it. the way he was acting, he was probably going into a bit of shock from the trauma, like sweating and looking a little faint.

1 minute ago, Crazy Cat Gentleman said:

drilled on the back of the left hand by a foul ball. may well have broken it. the way he was acting, he was probably going into a bit of shock from the trauma, like sweating and looking a little faint.

Oh my heck!

Here's a suggested rule change ('cause I know that MLB executives regularly roll through here looking for ideas):

If an umpire needs to leave the game for an injury, each team gets an additional challenge, and this challenge is usable regardless of whether or not teams have used their challenge(s), or been successful or not.

1 minute ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

That some kind of Indiana slang I am not familiar with?

It’s a Mormon phrase that I jokingly use that I saw the Mormon girl in the first year of The Survivor TV show use because she was too polite to swear. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, RedRamage said:

Here's a suggested rule change ('cause I know that MLB executives regularly roll through here looking for ideas):

If an umpire needs to leave the game for an injury, each team gets an additional challenge, and this challenge is usable regardless of whether or not teams have used their challenge(s), or been successful or not.

I was thinking the same thing.  

1 minute ago, IdahoBert said:

It’s a Mormon phrase that I jokingly use that I saw the Mormon girl in the first year of The Survivor TV show use because she was too polite to swear. 

Ha, thats funny. My nephew is almost one year into his two year mission trip. He is in Provo resides in San Antonio, TX

1 minute ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Ha, thats funny. My nephew is almost one year into his two year mission trip. He is in Provo resides in San Antonio, TX

Well, he’s going to meet a lot of people who agree with him there.