7/10/24 6:40PM Guardians @ Tigers

Just now, oblong said:

Nice send there Cora. Never thought I would see a worse 3B coach for that than Gene Lamont.  

It's actually impressive at how damn near every game, in between any good things that happen, this team has a helluva knack for delivering a steaming pile of diaper fire in the fan's lap.

4 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Tiger announcers sputtering all over each other making excuses for (another!!) runner being thrown out by a mile at home plate.

I’ve noticed that Dan is a lot easier on the team than he used to be. I think he must’ve been given a talking to. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, romad1 said:

two outs on the basepaths the last two innings...

I can see sending a runner if they have a chance of scoring with 2 outs but I've seen Cora send many runners this season who were dead ducks. If the only chance to score is if the defense doesn't execute fundamentals, especially against 1st place teams, they shouldn't try it.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

I can see sending a runner if they have a chance of scoring with 2 outs but I've seen Cora send many runners this season who were dead ducks. If the only chance to score is if the defense doesn't execute fundamentals, especially against 1st place teams, they shouldn't try it.

You get it if it was close enough to have required a perfect play - but that wasn't. On that basis Gio's was more defensible -that was a very good throw.