7/10/24 6:40PM Guardians @ Tigers

10 hours ago, Sports_Freak said:

But I've heard Hinch say he does everything he can to win the current game and to worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Several times I've heard him say that when questioned about his BP usage.

There are times that cliche is bullwash.  I think it's probably true in general, but there's some allowed deviation.  The current caveat being they've got a 4 game break coming up, which is not a normal part of the proceedings.

10 hours ago, chasfh said:

I might postulate that what he says to the media about how he manages ain't necessarily what goes on behind the scenes.

Which might be part of why he wants to be the only coaching voice dealing with the media.  He can control the narrative a bit more, reduce the chances of the actual truth vs spoken word, so to speak.

53 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

the last one -- no way. It was in his glove and he dropped it.

Rogers definitely did have his glove fully on the ball, but I think maybe the scorer saw how he was set up for the pitch beyond the outside edge of the strike zone but Faedo missed by a mile throwing way in and down, catching Rogers off-guard, so he figured Faedo was wild on the throw because he missed the target by so much.

9 hours ago, romad1 said:

Well, too many throws.  For me, it takes an act of congress to get the girl to follow the runner to the next base.  The fact that Vierling had plus speed helped end the thing. 

I was traveling through cornfield Ohio and barely getting reception on the play-by-play via the MLB app.  This play in particular was slow to come across my mobular telephone.  I thought we were in a dead zone, not enough deer antlers to help carry the signal.  But, alas, it was only because some poor intern had to type a bible's worth of action into one single play.  That poor kid probably has ice on his fingers today, and might be hitting the IL before lunch.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, casimir said:

I was traveling through cornfield Ohio and barely getting reception on the play-by-play via the MLB app.  This play in particular was slow to come across my mobular telephone.  I thought we were in a dead zone, not enough deer antlers to help carry the signal.  But, alas, it was only because some poor intern had to type a bible's worth of action into one single play.  That poor kid probably has ice on his fingers today, and might be hitting the IL before lunch.

"Mobular" shall heretoforth be my word for any time my phone isn't working as it should.