7/11/24 1:10PM Guardians @ Tigers

3 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

This has been a really impressive series. Absolutely not what I expected to see happen. 

This is one of those "the sun also rises" times when all the bleak and dark times suddenly wash away and Jake and Lady Brett Ashley resolve all their differences and adopt a cute Vietnamese baby.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

The MLB radio app really sucks today. I endured five minutes of ads and just gave up. They simply wouldn’t let me hear the post game show.  

Are you sure that’s not the radio station running all those ads? I tried to watch the TV postgame show after one of the games last week. After last pitch they went to commercial for three minutes. Then they came back with a tease for 20 seconds or so, then another three minutes of commercials. Then it was 30 seconds of tease, then yet another three minutes of commercials. I bailed. 

18 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

The MLB radio app really sucks today. I endured five minutes of ads and just gave up. They simply wouldn’t let me hear the post game show.  

Bert is sitting in a rocking chair on his long porch, his bloodhound Rufus is digging under the porch for some critter.   Bert is wearing a seersucker suit, a straw boater resting an a very sweaty forehead.  The temperature in Idaho is well above normal summer in the Pacific Northwest/Mountain region. He dabs his forehead with his pocket square and declares the heat "intolerable" and the MLB app "i pay the MLBtv in love and they repay me in the basest coin, pity."

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, romad1 said:

Bert is sitting in a rocking chair on his long porch, his bloodhound Rufus is digging under the porch for some critter.   Bert is wearing a seersucker suit, a straw boater resting an a very sweaty forehead.  The temperature in Idaho is well above normal summer in the Pacific Northwest/Mountain region. He dabs his forehead with his pocket square and declares the heat "intolerable" and the MLB app "i pay the MLBtv in love and they repay me in the basest coin, pity."

Honestly, when it’s really hot, I wear white jeans, a white linen shirt, and a white Panama hat and I look like Hannibal Lecter. And that used to make the heat bearable, but not anymore. 

3 minutes ago, romad1 said:

The "Perchance" AI images that this paragraph generated were not close enough to the word picture to be provided here.

https://perchance.org/ai-character-generator

Just now, IdahoBert said:

Honestly, when it’s really hot, I wear white jeans, a white linen shirt, and a white Panama hat and I look like Hannibal Lecter. And that used to make the heat bearable, but not anymore. 

I think portraying a deeply urbane sophisticate as you as some sort of Strother Martin character from "Cool Hand Luke" is the comedy mine here.

• Like 1

Just now, romad1 said:

I think portraying a deeply urbane sophisticate as you as some sort of Strother Martin character from "Cool Hand Luke" is the comedy mine here.

But, the "Boys from Brazil" motif also works.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Are you sure that’s not the radio station running all those ads? I tried to watch the TV postgame show after one of the games last week. After last pitch they went to commercial for three minutes. Then they came back with a tease for 20 seconds or so, then another three minutes of commercials. Then it was 30 seconds of tease, then yet another three minutes of commercials. I bailed. 

It might be, but I just lost patience and when I refreshed the page, I couldn’t log back into the radio app anyway. They are also always cutting off the announcers and starting ads before the announcers have finished. 

The hardest thing about it being about 15° hotter than usual is that you never reach the dewpoint so even in the early morning there’s none of that fresh feeling that can sometimes interrupt the heat, and instead the air seems solid and stuffy. 

10 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

It might be, but I just lost patience and when I refreshed the page, I couldn’t log back into the radio app anyway. They are also always cutting off the announcers and starting ads before the announcers have finished. 

Do you have access to SiriusXM? If you do, go to channel 849 on the phone app and listen to the game there. It's a marginally enough better experience that you will notice.

What’s interesting, is if we can get a few bats going and get closer to .500 by the ASG, you could hold on to your assets, call up Jobe, which could be an imposing top 4 with Skubal, Flaherty and Olsen.  We could even be buyers, flipping someone like Jung, for a big league bat.  Wild Card?

In full transparency, I’m drinking at O’Hare, so don’t judge too harshly 🍺 

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, romad1 said:

Drinking a cold iced tea, the glass sweating beads of moisture that drips on his shirt as he takes a long pull on it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tigermojo said:

So close to sweeping Ohio.

Baseball is a....strange game. Cincinnati goes into the Bronx and sweeps the powerful Yankees. Then go home and get swept by our Tigers. Then the 1st place Cleveland team comes to Detroit and the Tigers finish a 4 game series, winning 3 out of 4. A single away from a 4 game sweep. Cleveland was lucky to even win a game. Now the 1st place Dodgers come into Detroit, but only after playing a night game in Philly. This Tiger team is playing the best ball of their season. Keep it going!

1 hour ago, Sports_Freak said:

Baseball is a....strange game. Cincinnati goes into the Bronx and sweeps the powerful Yankees. Then go home and get swept by our Tigers. Then the 1st place Cleveland team comes to Detroit and the Tigers finish a 4 game series, winning 3 out of 4. A single away from a 4 game sweep. Cleveland was lucky to even win a game. Now the 1st place Dodgers come into Detroit, but only after playing a night game in Philly. This Tiger team is playing the best ball of their season. Keep it going!

Tigers were 7-3 coming into today's game. How have they been doing it? Hint: it's not the pitching.

image.thumb.png.a41140f05092ed0845eb66385721c735.png

2024-07-11_17-16-59.thumb.jpg.8ac472e69a2ed1ee6668604fce24ade8.jpg

2 hours ago, romad1 said:

But, the "Boys from Brazil" motif also works.

Maybe this is more of a Guy Caballaro from SCTV look.  Actually that is basically the same look.

I generated this AI image of Bert talking to James Mason.

The Boys From Brazil (1978) Movie Summary and Film Synopsis

2 hours ago, chasfh said:

Tigers were 7-3 coming into today's game. How have they been doing it? Hint: it's not the pitching.

image.thumb.png.a41140f05092ed0845eb66385721c735.png

2024-07-11_17-16-59.thumb.jpg.8ac472e69a2ed1ee6668604fce24ade8.jpg

Yep, they also been consistent with their run scoring. In the last 12 games they've scored 5+ in 9 of them and only once did they score less than 3 and that was the 1-0 win the other day.