Riley Greene (CF)
Mark Canha (DH)
Carson Kelly (C)
Colt Keith (2B)
Javier Báez (SS)
Ryan Vilade (RF)

Keider Montero (RHP)

33 minutes ago, oblong said:

So they’ll probably roll out the ****ty connects?   How can they not wear Stars’ regalia?  I’m not much for alternate jerseys, but I appreciate the nod to the Stars.  I’m disappointed in entirety of jerseys this season, beginning with the fiasco of the new suppliers for the “regular” jerseys, to the monstrosities that are the dark and electric blues, and now this.  The only redeeming thing about the Motor City clothes is that they aren’t see through.  And now we’re going to flip off the Stars because of … of…. I’m sorry, what rule or regulation is affected here?

Edited by casimir
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, kdog said:

Andy Ibáñez (1B)
Justyn-Henry Malloy (LF)
Matt Vierling (3B)
Riley Greene (CF)
Mark Canha (DH)
Carson Kelly (C)
Colt Keith (2B)
Javier Báez (SS)
Ryan Vilade (RF)

Keider Montero (RHP)

Oh Lord, I hope the driveway isn’t going to take the brunt of verbal abuse because a guy that’s played over 2,500 innings of professional outfield getting a start in RF.

• Confused 1

A.J. Hinch talked with Bruce Bochy yesterday about Tarik Skubal. They talked about Skubal's year, and Hinch made Skubal's case to start the ASG.

"Given that he didn't pitch in Texas, I just wanted Boch to hear the perspective and sell our player as someone who's well deserving."

55 minutes ago, casimir said:

So they’ll probably roll out the ****ty connects?   How can they not wear Stars’ regalia?  I’m not much for alternate jerseys, but I appreciate the nod to the Stars.  I’m disappointed in entirety of jerseys this season, beginning with the fiasco of the new suppliers for the “regular” jerseys, to the monstrosities that are the dark and electric blues, and now this.  The only redeeming thing about the Motor City clothes is that they aren’t see through.  And now we’re going to flip off the Stars because of … of…. I’m sorry, what rule or regulation is affected here?

I’m guessing they didn’t or couldn’t make the stars jerseys reflect whatever the new standard is.  I read that release as it’s a league rule, not their own. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, oblong said:

I’m guessing they didn’t or couldn’t make the stars jerseys reflect whatever the new standard is.  I read that release as it’s a league rule, not their own. 

I also read this as a league rule, not the Tigers.  And it does seem reasonable to blame the supplier given the issues this season.  Still inexcusable, the Stars weekend has been going on for more than a couple of years.  But, hey, there’s plenty of ****ty connect swag for purchase in the meantime.

2 hours ago, casimir said:

MLB trying to soak fans with this City Connect merchandise. It's just a way to separate fans from their money. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, casimir said:

Oh Lord, I hope the driveway isn’t going to take the brunt of verbal abuse because a guy that’s played over 2,500 innings of professional outfield getting a start in RF.

In the minor leagues? I'm sure there are plenty of experienced minor leaguers out there but that doesn't mean fans want to see them starting for their favorite team. We'll just ignore the fact that he misplayed the hit that tied the game up in the 8th inning last night. Many career minor leagues would have bobbled that ball....

The music director was legitimately playing Hava Nagilah during the bottom of the first, an organ version no less, and not the major-key knockoff on trumpet they’ve played here, at Red Wings games, and at Michigan State games. 

Just now, IdahoBert said:

Colt is figuring out MLB pitchers.

It was brought up before that he has shown a bit of a time lapse to figure out the next level that he's been promoted to before he gets clicking.  The caveats that worried me early on were (1) ain't no level like MLB and (2) he really seemed to struggle much more than I think was anticipated.  And to the latter, when it is combined with the other woes on the offense, both individual players and as a whole, it gave me cause for concern.

30 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

In the minor leagues? I'm sure there are plenty of experienced minor leaguers out there but that doesn't mean fans want to see them starting for their favorite team. We'll just ignore the fact that he misplayed the hit that tied the game up in the 8th inning last night. Many career minor leagues would have bobbled that ball....

Was this where the ball glanced out of his mitt?  That runner was scoring anyway.

• Confused 1

24 minutes ago, chasfh said:

The music director was legitimately playing Hava Nagilah during the bottom of the first, an organ version no less, and not the major-key knockoff on trumpet they’ve played here, at Red Wings games, and at Michigan State games. 

The Tigers do have an organ and organ player this year for some games. There was a story about it not long ago. 

3 minutes ago, oblong said:

The Tigers do have an organ and organ player this year for some games. There was a story about it not long ago. 

I think it was the series in Atlanta that there seemed to be much more organ pipes than piped music in the background.  I thought it was a great change of pace.  Some offspeed music, if you will.