7/13/24 1:10PM Dodgers @ Stars

3 minutes ago, LongLiveMaroth said:

Just saying I kept receipts from earlier this year of quite a few posters and honestly can't wait to post them at the end of the season when Keith ends with a .270 avg and .800+OPS.

I think the worst I ever said regarding Colt Keith was that it wasn't a genius move to draft him in the fifth round, but that comment wasn't about Colt Keith, either.

But you're the one with the receipts, so I am eager to receive your slings and your arrows!

Just now, chasfh said:

I think the worst I ever said regarding Colt Keith was that it wasn't a genius move to draft him in the fifth round, but that comment wasn't about Colt Keith, either.

But you're the one with the receipts, so I am eager to receive your slings and your arrows!

Yes if he does well it won't bother any of us one bit !

6 minutes ago, LongLiveMaroth said:

Just saying I kept receipts from earlier this year of quite a few posters and honestly can't wait to post them at the end of the season when Keith ends with a .270 avg and .800+OPS.

Tastiest of crows.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, LongLiveMaroth said:

I hope you have the one where I said Keith would be hitting above Tork in the lineup by June...boy, did I nail that one! 😀

Multiple huge moments at the end there: The three hits to start the ninth; the Kelly single with two outs to keep the game alive; COLT ****ING KEITH jack on the first pitch; the awesome double play to strand the bases loaded in the top of the tenth; and Gio Urshela's walkoff. All in a space of less than half an hour.

Who says baseball is boring!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Sports_Freak said:

I had turned it off. When I turned on the futures game, they said it was tied 9-9. My reaction? WTH?

Those who stay with the game will be occasionally rewarded.  I think some gruff coach said that once.

4 minutes ago, casimir said:

You can go ahead and roll mine out during the all star break.  He’s going to end the first half right around an OPS+ of around 100.

And that's after his Terrible, No Good, Very Very Bad Start to the season with an OPS of .387 in his first 91 at bats through April 30.