7/13/24 1:10PM Dodgers @ Stars

1 minute ago, 1984Echoes said:

And that's after his Terrible, No Good, Very Very Bad Start to the season with an OPS of .387 in his first 91 at bats through April 30.

Well, hopefully he’s not just on a heater.  Hopefully he’s gotten a lot of things figured out.  There’ll be ebbs and flows but hopefully month long sub .400 OPSs are a thing of the past.

4 minutes ago, casimir said:

Those who stay with the game will be occasionally rewarded.  I think some gruff coach said that once.

I went out and cut the grass in the 90⁰ heat. Came in to watch the futures game and almost fell outta my chair when they showed the "Dodger" score. Lol

8 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

I went out and cut the grass in the 90⁰ heat. Came in to watch the futures game and almost fell outta my chair when they showed the "Dodger" score. Lol

Terrible choice.  The grass will be there Monday.  Go to jail.  Do not pass Go.  Do not collect $200.

Secures a winning homestand against Cleveland and LA. And the two losses could have easily been wins.  I admit to not watching after they got down 9-4. I was putzing around the house and took a quick nap.  Then I got the alert on the Keith HR. 

I stopped paying attention and started watching the MST3K takedown of “The Slime People” a really lame 1963 Horror/Sci-fi film on Tubi. And when I idly checked the score and saw it was 9–6 in the bottom of the 9th I flipped on Dan and Andy to follow the rest of the game and was totally expecting to be let down. But Tigers kept scoring and scoring to tie, then I thought we were dead in the water at the top of the 10th and then came Gio’s HR and I just couldn’t believe it.

This comeback defied every ingrained particle of defeatism I harbor in my dark little heart. 

• Like 3

I didn't get a chance to mention in yesterday's thread but I went out to the bar with some old friends last night and the Tigers game was of course on and I have to tell you that it was the closest I came since our glory days to a "playoff atmosphere" among bar patrons. Maybe it was because there was nothing really of note on TV so everybody was glued to the Tigers game but it was wild seeing everybody in the bar all interested in the game and getting vocal during key plays/spots like you would see for a big playoff game.

Really made me long for the days of the actual big Tigers game and showed me that atleast on this night at this place there are people that are dying to see a good product on the field. 

• Thanks 1

take aways: 

- expected Montero to fold - he didn't. He wasn't great but he kept battling

- what a difference an umpire with a tight K zone makes for both teams. Expect scoring to skyrocket with challenge or ABS.

- Wentz: nothing to say.

I shouldn’t shame people for walking away from a 9-4 game.  I was on my own and not at home, so really didn’t have much else to do besides follow the game.  But, damn, it was a great reward for doing so.

One thing that wasn’t brought up.  There was a bit of a Dodger contingent in the crowd and got a “let’s go Dodgers” chant audibly onto the radio broadcast.  That got loudly overtaken by Tiger fans.  I’m not sure what the crowd size was, but I have no doubt it played louder than it looked in the 9th.

Does anyone know where I can find the Dodgers radio/tv announcers melting down today?   I always enjoy that perspective.   I do the same with OSU announcers vs M last 3 games.   Also any Dodger fan crowd reaction pics as Gio's HR left the yard would be delicious as well. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, syrett4 said:

Does anyone know where I can find the Dodgers radio/tv announcers melting down today?   I always enjoy that perspective.   I do the same with OSU announcers vs M last 3 games.   Also any Dodger fan crowd reaction pics as Gio's HR left the yard would be delicious as well. 

On the MLB app?