7/14/24 1:40PM Dodgers @ Tigers

The so-called McStinky had a pretty cool moment in the clubhouse yesterday.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/mlb/tigers/2024/07/13/tigers-upstage-shohei-ohtani-and-los-angeles-with-five-run-rally-in-ninth-giurshela-walk-off-in-10th/74394826007/

Zach McKinstry was still pumping his fists triumphantly in the clubhouse following the Tigers most incredible, most improbable 11-9, 10-inning walk-off win over the N.L. West-leading Los Angeles Dodgers Saturday at Comerica Park.

How improbable? The Dodgers were 47-0 this season when leading after eight innings and they went into the ninth with a 9-4 lead.

"Huh," McKinstry said. "That's cool. Now they're 47-1."

• Like 1

Spoken by the resident psychology major/ baseball manager.

"Colt is in such a good place mentally and physically and most importantly, emotionally," said Tigers' manager AJ Hinch. "I know from the very beginning he felt like he belonged. But you still have to prove it to the boys and you have to prove it to the fans and you have to prove it to yourself sometimes."

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

what happened to Javy?  

Back soreness. Ok in the field but painful swinging the bat.

Update today they hope the break is enough to rest Baez' back and Canha's right wrist.

Edited by Tigermojo

Bullpen days for both teams. Imagine if there’d been interleague play in 1966 and you bring your kid to the ballpark for the only game they’ll ever see, and the possibility of Koufax going against Lolich has been discussed, and you get a bullpen day. 

Holy ****, I had no idea! Now I hate MLB Network even more—although they did protect the fee-fees of Dodger fans, so maybe they are doing God's work after all ...

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/mlb/tigers/2024/07/14/riley-greene-tarik-skubal-taking-detroit-swag-to-all-star-festivities/74401134007/

… MLB Network made the decision Saturday to cut away from the Tigers-Dodgers game with the Tigers down 9-6 but rallying in the ninth inning. They cut away to their coverage of the MLB Futures Game, and viewers missed the dramatic conclusion.

It’s a fugettaboutit day for both teams. There’s not a whole lot riding on this game so just sitting back and enjoying it or whatever is a good idea. Although I’m going to a movie in the next hour, so I won’t see it through to the end.